Sponsored by:

NC Alignment Options

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2002, 09:51 PM
smithk993
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post NC Alignment Options

As I get ready to replace my tires, I see from the serious wear on the inside front tires I need an alignment as well.

In checking the prices from a couple of
Porsche dealers, I find that a Greensboro quotes $350, Charlotte $260 and Hickory $199. These are all three dealers!

Since all are pretty much the same distance give or take a 1/2 hour of pleasure driving, does anyone have any experiences good/bad that might influence my choice. I've read a lot of archives and understand that the 993 is a pretty difficult rear alignment. The car will be mostly street with 1-2 DE/year so I'm assuming I'll go back to factory spec.

Any thoughts/experiences.

Keith
Old 10-12-2002, 10:46 AM
E. J. - 993 Alumni
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keith, Charles is the service manager at FCI (he's a good guy, but their service is overpriced)in Greensboro. That prices seems a little high. If you go to him, tell him I said hi. THe service manager at Hendrick in Charlotte came from the BMW dealer, and their best mechanic left about 2 years ago to go out on his own and their great parts guy Kenn just left too. That leaves Hickory, which I have no data on, but have not heard bad things either. I would go to either Hickory or FCI. A freind bought a car from them and that was a pleasant experience. Maybe their service will be too. Just make sure that you ask them specifically about the kinematic toe adjustment in the rear and if they look like they have no idea, then just go elsewhere. Also ask for a printout of the before and after settings all the way around.

Good luck,

E. J.

Quick Reply: NC Alignment Options