Sponsored by:

Door latch broken?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2014, 09:42 AM
sacman
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 98 Posts
Default Door latch broken?

I searched the forums and Pelican parts forum but I couldn't find any post about broken interior door latch so I hope you guys could help me identify broken part to buy. I took the car to work yesterday and when I tried to pulled the lever to open the door from inside, the level just went all the way out like there was no tension. The cable is stilled attached to the lever from what I can see. It looks like I have to remove the door skin but I have no idea which part to order for replacement. Any idea would help as opening the door from outside looks pretty funny no matter how I tried to look at the situation. Thanks.

QN
Old 10-31-2014, 10:00 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

There's a write-up on pcars.com on how to remove the door panel. You're not going to know which parts to buy until you look inside. It's fairly easy.
Old 11-02-2014, 10:09 AM
sacman
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 98 Posts

It turned out the rod connecting the latch was disconnected inside the door. I managed to hook it back on after removing the door handle. I also noticed that there's plastic C clip on the outside end of the rod connecting to the lever but inside the door, it just a bare L hook to the opening mechanism. Is it how it's supposed to be?
Old 11-02-2014, 10:15 AM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 478 Likes on 283 Posts

That rod you're referring to is sandwiched between rubber pads inside the checkstrap assembly. Did you look at P-cars.com to see what everything is supposed to look like?

Quick Reply: Door latch broken?