Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Atlanta body shop/repair info. Accident today )-;

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 02:15 PM
996scott
Rennlist Member

Received 216 Likes on 133 Posts

Crap that sucks, hope they can get it all put back together. A good shop should be able to get it looking and driving great again. I just got mine out of the shop and it is so good to have it back and looking/driving perfect. Hang in there, this too shall pass.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:26 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by boxcarracer
Damn, that sucks! Glad no one was hurt.
Good luck getting everything back in top form.
+1 Keep us posted.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:55 AM
wtmmm
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd suggest you talk to Rich Dean at Classic Designs in Athens. Rich is a P car guy. His shop does both engine/mechanical and body/paint work. He works on both of my cars and is always happy to take time to discuss everything with me.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:57 AM
wtmmm
Instructor

p.s. sorry to hear about your car but glad it was just the car that was damaged.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
Hoserpilot
Rennlist Member

Thanks for all the help!! My car is on the way to a body shop. I'll post pics as I can. Hmmm, I wonder how a turbo front bumper would look on my car??? (-:
Old 10-17-2014, 11:24 PM
Lysoleverywhere
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The best body shop in Georgia is Magnum Collision. They are the only shop I would let touch my car period. Most shops won't touch a Porsche, especially with that kind of damage.

http://magnumcollision.com/
Old 10-18-2014, 06:40 PM
Hoserpilot
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone. My car is currently sitting at Magnum Collision. On friday the insurance inspector said they want to total the car. The lower left side of the cars unibody is bent all the way back to the firewall. The whole front of the car has shifted over to the right. On monday I'm to expect a call with a payout offer for fair market value. I'm sure their definition of fair is going to be less than my definition. With just a quick perusal on autotrader I couldn't find a car in my condition and mileage for under $43,000. This really sucks.
Old 10-20-2014, 11:23 AM
BSL
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Hoserpilot
Thanks for all the help!! My car is on the way to a body shop. I'll post pics as I can. Hmmm, I wonder how a turbo front bumper would look on my car??? (-:
Turbo bumper looks great, and helps with the low, wide stance from the front view (IMO at least). If going that route, consider getting rid of the bumperettes while doing it.

Hopefully there will be minimal headaches with getting your car repaired. Also hope that you aren't experiencing any new pains from the accident.

Quick Reply: Need Atlanta body shop/repair info. Accident today )-;