GT-2 splitter DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2003, 12:31 PM
kev
Darth Cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT-2 splitter DIY?

I need to install a GT-2 front splitter and was wondering if others could share some pointers on this. I've read the archives and been to Robin's and I'm still unsure if I can handle this in my "shop". My main concern is how much work goes into mating the center section with existing bumper? Since I'd prefer to just ship the part direct to my paint-guy I need to know if I can get away without grinding or sanding the splitter before I install it. Any recommendations for the various aftermarket companies?
Thanks!
Old 08-17-2003, 12:52 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 65 Likes on 27 Posts

If you have the genuine stuff, its pretty easy...
Get the two side underside panels off (two screws on the bottom and one or two on each fender front of the wheels) . The middle stock piece stays you do not need to remove. The two side splitters should have identical mounting points and the join the middle section which joins together with one plate and screw ( should be included in the kit). There should be a rubber skirt that goes under the assembly, we drilled additional holes to have it mounted perfectly and it lines almost the whole front assembly. There is another rubber skirt that covers the gap of the middle part, I did not mount that at all. A very easy job even for mechanically challenged people like me and definately a garage type of DIY.

Quick Reply: GT-2 splitter DIY?