HWFM Racing Wearables dilemma: Demand exceeds supply

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 11:23 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts
Default HWFM Racing Wearables dilemma: Demand exceeds supply

Hi Team mates

I picked up the shirts late yesterday. They look great, and will make fashionable statements around paddocks everywhere, as well as raise a few DE instructor eyebrows. I'll assemble the packages tonight and tomorrow night (the day job keeps getting in the way), and mail them out on Saturday to all who have their checks in.

Here's the problem that has developed. We've had a number of requests for wearables from members in good standing since the orders were placed.

We also have some team mates who requested shirts or hats who have not paid.

Now we certainly do respect a lack of speed in this organization. But I'm a sucker for team mates who say "Pretty please with a Hoosier on top"

So here's the Wisdom of Solomon (which means "big turtle" in Hebrew) that I'm employing to handle the situation.

If you ordered shirts or hats, or expressed interest earlier in the summer, please get your check and mailing address in to me, or at least e-mail me with a confirmation that you want them at: mtnest1@flash.net (do not PM me)

Otherwise, if I don't hear from you soon, I'll go to the next Turtle on the list.

Thanks everyone, and take it slow.

Last edited by Mike in Chi; 08-14-2003 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2003, 09:38 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Bumping this message to the top for the evening crowd here at the Rennlist Pub
Old 08-15-2003, 10:26 AM
StLChris
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike-

Seeing as how this racing team is hemorrhaging my siblings' inheritance, my suggestion would be to raise prices to where demand equals supply. The other 2 will thank you for it.

Personally, I think you should give them away for free and earn some big points with the Karma Police, but I don't know if the Turtlette would sign off on that.
Old 08-15-2003, 02:17 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Hello Son,

T-shirts and hats are the least of you and your siblings' worries.

You should see what I've spent on the race car this year, as well as the sudden freefall in the resale value of the Garage Queen and Funhawg. Even worse, I've got these Cupcar thoughts bouncing around in my head. Which is why the back of the trailer says "Racing through the kids' inheritance"

As to raising prices, a goodthought, but in this case, futile. I doubt if the market could bear a price increase. After all, these guys all have track cars as well, and are rapidly depleting their estates.

Finally, the Turtlette rarely signs off on any of these expenses. However she rarely asks me to sign off on her expenses. It makes for a happy, albeit cash poor, marriage.

Dear old Dad

PS Don't tell the Turtlette about the Cupcar.
Old 08-15-2003, 03:25 PM
StLChris
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike-

You're selling an item with inelastic demand. I say raise prices; the product will move. Amongst the Jet-Set of HWFMR, the shirts and hats are like an addictive drug. Most of the market will pay what the supplier wants them to pay.

As for the depreciation on the garage residents, what can I say? You should have bought a Z8.

Re: expenses: The Missus and I always sign off on each others' spending. It keeps the shoe population in her closet manageable.

That's fine if you race through my inheritance. I'm quite confident that either Euclid or Plato will be discovered by an ad exec and turned into the next Spuds Mackenzie.

Quick Reply: HWFM Racing Wearables dilemma: Demand exceeds supply