Sponsored by:

Sale!! 993 clear front "SHORT" turn signals lenses

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2014, 09:35 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Foxman
The comment was not directed to you or Kacey. I humbly apologize for any confusion.
Ok, enjoy that awesome C2S you have. You got a great deal on it from the post I saw. Wish I saw it for sale.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:02 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I get tired of people who enroll in a forum specifically to trash a business
Sorry, I missed that post....oh wait, you must be referring to mine.

Please explain to me how I SPECIFICALLY signed up and joined this forum over 10 years ago to TRASH this business in Sept of 2014? I guess all of my threads on changing clutches, brake jobs, or building motors, or all of the others were just ruses on my way to trashing Joel's business?

It seems to me I made some constructive criticism. As someone who flies ~150,000 miles a year, and spends way to much time traveling, my desire to order online when it is convenient for me, is a real and necessary one. And, I'm sure I'm not the only one with this desire. I never trashed anyone's business.

I really get tired of silly statements by drama queens. But hey, way to rack up post count.
Old 09-17-2014, 12:26 AM
F18drvr
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Foxman...out
Old 09-17-2014, 12:47 AM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I strongly suggest NOT using a hacksaw on your euro length corners. You will never achieve a super clean curved cut line, and sealing them fully will be sketchy too. Above all, it looks like total *** up-close. 200 bucks sounds like a great deal for a proper set!

(I'm more of an amber fan too! When I do my bumperette delete I will be rocking euro ambers. )
Old 09-17-2014, 12:58 AM
97_993C2
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Tek
We are having our end of summer sale on 993 "SHORT" front clear european lenses for 993 bumpers with the black bumperttes. On sale for less than $200.00 pr and includes free shipping in the USA.

We also offer polyurethane RS body kit for really good discounted price pm us for price.
Are your "SHORT" lenses made to that length or are they cut down OEM European lenses like many of the other vendor offerings?
Old 09-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Just called GT3Tek and placed my order. Friendly and knowledgeable staff of the phone, and in less than four minutes my order was complete for shipment on Monday. Oh yes, and the $199 also includes the new amber replacement lights as well. Will keep you posted.
So did you get your lenses...??
Old 09-21-2014, 10:50 AM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 97_993C2
Are your "SHORT" lenses made to that length or are they cut down OEM European lenses like many of the other vendor offerings?
I have the same question...
Old 09-21-2014, 12:15 PM
Pags993
Drifting

Received 142 Likes on 70 Posts

^ they are cut down. I am not aware of any manufacturer that produces true short clears for NA bumpers. I have a set from the OP and they are done professionally and look great.

Sorry no pics possible until next Friday when I get home.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:11 PM
coreseller
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 56 Posts

Received mine today, packaged well, 5 minute install, look great!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:48 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 404 Posts
Lightbulb Package arrived!

Originally Posted by Allen
So did you get your lenses...??
Well is looks like Coreseller beat me to the punch with some great pics on the package and install. GT3 shipped it last Monday right on time, but it sat at UPS one mile from my house all weekend and didn't show up until today.

Five minutes is really about all it takes - unless you run into a bulb issue like I did. The one prong yellow bulbs they supplied don't work with my two prong bulb-holders. Took me an extra three minutes putting bulbs in and out before i figured out i was one prong short. I was going to get amber bulbs wrapped in cellophane in any event - but now I'm thinking I may just stay with the clear turn signals if it's legal here in MA (not much is - but aside from motorcycles I think I may be in the "clear" here).

I've included some pictures to show just how the lens covers slide out. You may need to coax the lens a little to get it sliding forward, but it slides in and out quite easily.

These were definitely cut down and glued (some glue shows on one), but the fit and finish is pretty good and certainly looks better than the OEM yellow on my arctic silver C2S. I would definitely recommend these.

Foxman

Package finally arrived!

Lens covers with yellow bulbs

Lens cover up close - note the glue at seam

Al the essential tools (no need for electrical tape - that's for the turbo scoops next week)

Before

After

Two prong vs. one prong bulb

Sunset with the new clears (Boston skyline)
Old 09-27-2014, 12:22 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pictures your 993 looks very nice with the clear lenses. We will have a dozen sets ready by next week and the price will be the same and shipping is still free.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:11 AM
Eric in SD
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed my set today. These are very nicely put together lenses. you cannot tell they are cut down euro lenses. I could have driven down to South County to pick these up but with free shipping why bother. A nice set of the correct two prong amber bulbs were included as well. Thanks GT3 Tek.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:28 PM
911F1
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 196 Posts

Has anyone tried to cut the bumprette instead of the lens. Have the euro lens go into the bumprette. Might be a cleaner look. Once the clear signal is tucked behind the bumprette. Then who cares what the cut and seal on the lens looks like . It would take a steady hand with a dremel on the bumprette. Just a thought.

Last edited by 911F1; 03-18-2015 at 04:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-18-2015, 04:37 PM
Foxman
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 404 Posts

Originally Posted by 911F1
Has anyone tried to cut the bumprette instead of the lens. Have the euro lens go into the bumprette. Might be a cleaner look. Once the clear signal is tucked behind the bumprette. Then who cares what the cut and seal on the lens looks like . It would take a steady hand with a dremel on the bumprette. Just a thought.
The clear "short" turn signals is a good interim step until you complete a full bumperettte delete and install the euro clears. Here's a picture of my C4 with the bumperette delete and euro clears. Turbo "S" scoops soon to come.

euro clears with bumperette delete
Old 03-18-2015, 08:51 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
Well, I went to the website to order a set, couldn't find them, so I cannot order. Oh well....
Yeah Ed, the website kinda sucks...I can't even get photos of their RS tail via email with the sales dept...Go figure!

Almost seems like they don't want to sell stuff; or the sales staff has a problem thinking outside of the box.

If I was in sales and didn't have photos readily available; I'd bring in a digital camera, or use my cellphone. At some point I'd do what I need to do to get my prospective customer what they need.

GT3 Tek seems to be on a break... I'll just purchase from one of their competitors.

Quick Reply: Sale!! 993 clear front "SHORT" turn signals lenses