Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand new NLA Carrera 4S SS Door Sills on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 09:18 PM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Received 87 Likes on 51 Posts

DJF1, get your facts correct. Gert's site does NOT offer 'Carrera 4S' sill plates for the 993.
Old 08-21-2003, 09:20 PM
SKM
Burning Brakes

My last comment: why doesn't one of you guys check with Gert and get the facts if he is the only person you believe.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:07 PM
4X4SCHE
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the third set of C4S sill plates to come up on ebay in the last 18 months. They are no longer available at the dealers, I have called or emailed many of them.

A used set went for $250 and the new set for $350. In the light of this, his buy-it-now for $349 is about right. Why are you guys pissed of with SKM over his asking price?

My only issue is with his use of the forum for promoting an existing auction.

I would like a set of sill plates for my C4S for around 100 bucks, so if this kind of abuse will work to get him to lower his price, I will join in!

"SKM, you suck for taking advantage of other people in this way. To prove your true loyalty to Rennlist, I need you to find another set and give me a really good deal, you hear!!"
Old 08-21-2003, 10:31 PM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SKM is correct - Gert can no longer get the SS C4S sills. I know because he email me when I tried to buy some from him a few weeks ago. I had to settle for the normal SS Carrera sills for $250 or so.

As to, only 1 set left or a new found set - Hmmm? How many more are available? I'd like to know before I install mine.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:45 PM
User 4621
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 326 Posts

OK, Midgett, you asked for an explanation, so here it is. In addition to the points already made, another spammer showed up not long ago claiming, like you did, that he had a single item for sale, and it later turned out that he had many that he was selling, like it appears you do. The product was also just a homemade copy of the real thing and several of us got duped.

We tend to have a low tolerance for games here. If you showed up here, introduced yourself and said you had X number available at $349, the welcome would probably have been warm and you would have sold them all in a day.
Old 08-21-2003, 10:56 PM
SKM
Burning Brakes

Just to set your minds at ease, you can be sure I will never offer another item to this group and never make another post. The merchandise is new old (NOS) authentic Porsche stock, the starting price of $299 was fair, the buy-it-now price of $349 was fair and the bidders - all Rennlisters- just did it to themselves.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:18 AM
96P993
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not that this makes it right but if you (SKM) are using Rennlist for your benefit to sell items or at the very least promote them to other people on this site...BECOME A MEMBER!!!!! You, as have many people, have used this site as one large advertising median for your products..As you said above "the bidders - all Rennlisters- just did it to themselves" means you have used this incredible site that has been set up for Porsche lovers to help sale your products..Time to give back to the community!!! As you can see John and Jenn place a very large obligation on the members (or maybe we do this to ourselves) here to police the site and make sure it is the best it can be..This is almost a 2nd home to many of us and when someone new comes in and something starts to stink a bit we get a little touchy..Right or wrong this is how it is.
Old 08-22-2003, 01:26 AM
YellowC4S
Racer

All I wanna know is, are they still available?
Old 08-22-2003, 03:56 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

I have to admit that I am more tolerant of Rennlisters who "spam" if they are paying members over those who are free-loading. (OT - I also think all group buy participants should be paying members as a matter of courtesy and principle)

Also if your genuine intent was to do someone here a favor then I would have thought that you would have offerred the new-found set to Tom C/Jim/Jim at your original BIN price of $349...but to ask for the $500+ next-best eBay bid to maximize your profit....sorry but it just seems you are being mercenary
Old 08-22-2003, 10:40 AM
David in LA
Nordschleife Master

No, this is not OT...check out this auction for GT3 seats...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2428750489

...more importantly that looks like a C4S doorsill on the display the seats are on...someone may want to call FVD to inquire
Old 08-22-2003, 10:43 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by David in LA

...more importantly that looks like a C4S doorsill on the display the seats are on...someone may want to call FVD to inquire
Well spotted that man! Now that is the kind of Rennlist help and attitude that we all like.

Old 08-22-2003, 10:46 AM
Ruairidh
Super Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by SKM
Just to set your minds at ease, you can be sure I will never offer another item to this group and never make another post.
Honestly, I'm not sure we're losing anything
Old 08-22-2003, 11:04 AM
Surj-993C2S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Listen , its quite simple - if you have two sets of them, then say so - you'll sell them both (as you say, they're no longer available). But dont deceive people here - we're a community (I got people I've never even met that are happy to buy stuff for me and send it to me - and I have offered to do the same in the past).

Yeah - you may lose a couple of dollars but c'mon, dont insult our intelligence here. If you wanna be here - then be part of it. If dont - then dont.

Seeya - never knew you were here!!

Old 08-22-2003, 01:39 PM
Phil
Phlat Black Guru
Rennlist
Lifetime Member
- Times 2

Originally posted by SKM
Just to set your minds at ease, you can be sure I will never offer another item to this group and never make another post. The merchandise is new old (NOS) authentic Porsche stock, the starting price of $299 was fair, the buy-it-now price of $349 was fair and the bidders - all Rennlisters- just did it to themselves.
OH NO! whatever will we do ? How will we ever be able to get S/S door plates? What have we done to ourselfs?
Old 08-22-2003, 03:54 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Steve (SKM)

After reading this thread for the first time, my $.02. Not that you'll necessarily read this.

It's one thing to make a quick post about an Ebay aution to the members. I don't see too much of a problem with doing that and leaving it there. But then you make a point of telling everyone how fair the $500 figure is and using this board as a sales promo venue. That is bull****.

This board's mission is to promote the exchange of info and help each other out, not to sell product and price gouge our fellow members. Since I've been a member I've been given a ton of great help that has allowed me to maintain and enjoy my car more. In exchange I've done my best to provide useful info and have GIVEN away a lot of parts (OEM shifter, turn signal lens, air cleaner cover, etc) as a way of giving back to the group.

If you value this forum you should have offered the door sills at YOUR COST, plue freight to the first member that emailed you.

Quick Reply: Brand new NLA Carrera 4S SS Door Sills on Ebay