993 Forum 1995-1998

CDR 210 with six changer

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Beto44
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDR 210 with six changer

What is the simplest solution to plug in my iPhone 5 with an aux connection? I never use the changer!
Old 08-13-2014, 01:34 PM
mpruden
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Lots of threads and opinions on this. In my opinion, the easiest both in terms of installation and user experience is a bluetooth adapter plugged into a line in cable. Everything is (almost) plug in play and once it's all done, you just hop in the car, press a single button and you have music.

No fuss, inexpensive, and it "just works". I used the 3.5-BKRCD with the Kinivo BTC450.

Here's the post on my solution. https://rennlist.com/forums/10877720-post35.html
Old 08-13-2014, 02:14 PM
skywachr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is a great solution if you have a changer installed. Many are still trying to figure out the best solution when there is no CD changer is installed with a CDR210 head unit.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:52 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 121 Posts

Hi Skywacher ---- unless I am misunderstanding something all you really have to do if you want to get bluetooth working with your CDR-210 is:
  • pull out your CDR-210
  • get a solisto, which includes 1/8" line in plug on it, and which also includes a cable to plug into the back of your CDR-210 --- the solisto emulates a CD changer
  • get another bluetooth adapter which can plug into the 1/8" line in of the solisto
  • wire everything up

The above was my original plan. I have read several threads that indicate the CDR-210 works with the solisto.

However, I was dissatisfied with the above proposal of having to consume the solisto's 1/8" line in jack with another brand's bluetooth adapter. I wanted to be able to have a 1/8" line in jack AND have bluetooth. Therefore I decided to take a risk and purchase a Yatour with bluetooth, which has not been confirmed in rennlist to work w/ a CDR-210 and CDR-220 but according to internet reports works great with other brands' HU and also according to Yatour's marketing literature *should* work. Consequently my approach will be:
  • pull out your CDR-210
  • get a yatour, also comes with a bluetooth module if ordered as such, and which also includes a cable to plug into the back of your CDR-210 --- the yatour emulates a CD changer
  • wire everything up

If you are in slow motion (like I am --- competing life priorities take precedence over my hobby [the Porsche]) I will report back to the forum my experience of the Yatour. I estimate no sooner than 2 months and no greater than 9 months.
Old 08-14-2014, 12:02 PM
therossinator
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beto44
What is the simplest solution to plug in my iPhone 5 with an aux connection? I never use the changer!
This

Edit: Nevermind, I just realized that you don't have the cassette deck.

Quick Reply: CDR 210 with six changer