993 Forum 1995-1998

New BMW Discussion Forums....

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 07:18 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Post New BMW Discussion Forums....

I just got off the phone with Wayne of PelicanParts and he mentioned that he had just officially announced a new BMW Web Discussion Forum. As many of you know, Wayne and I have worked together on several programs, projects and websites in the past - so I'm really pleased that Wayne has just announced this new BMW site – it ought to be a terrific community for all BMW owners and enthusiasts..!!

The new site address is:

<a href="http://www.bimmerfans.com" target="_blank">http://www.bimmerfans.com</a>

Built on the backbone of the Pelican Parts BBS and technology, this BMW dedicated Forum is very reliable and promises some terrific content and discussions – so check it out!

And - let us know what you think of it by putting up your own post on the new Forums at <a href="http://www.bimmerfans.com" target="_blank">Bimmerfans.com</a>!

- John D. and Wayne
Old 10-09-2002, 11:08 PM
Anir
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John D,

Here's my first post :

2002 BMW M3: Bad...blown engine after 8,000 miles of street driving

1997 993: Good...going strong after 19,000 miles, including 4 DE weekends and daily running to redline on the street

Old 10-09-2002, 11:58 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts
In following this board for a couple of years now, I've come to realize a good number of us also own BMWs.

Hhhmmmm....

Let's see...

After a little market research, PAG ralized many Porsche owners also own SUVs. So PAG decided to build the Cayenne.

Do you think if PAG digs a little deeper, they'll decide to build BMWs too?
(winkie thing)

M in C
Old 10-10-2002, 10:38 AM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for posting this, John. My wife's discovered the Need for a BMW, and we've just ordered a 330i. I've been going to the same old BMW discussion forums, and rolling my eyes - nothing like Rennlist seems to exist for BMWs!

The blurb on bimmerfans.com sure sounds promising:

"Looking for a bulletin board site where you can talk about working on your Bimmer? Don't want to hear any 'rice burner' stories? Trying to find enthusiasts who are actually over the age of 18? Then BimmerFans.com is the place to be."
Old 10-10-2002, 02:07 PM
88clbsport
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Roadfly was getting annoying when I owned my e30m3. The board was active, but not the same crowd as here on Rennlist....I'll leave it at that!
Old 10-11-2002, 11:39 AM
jhb
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went over and registered, but does not appear to be much content. Also, maybe I am used to this board, but the screens seem confusing. Just my .02

Quick Reply: New BMW Discussion Forums....