Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can the Porsche alarm be set to ignore the Immobilizer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2014, 09:44 PM
CarcentricB
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Can the Porsche alarm be set to ignore the Immobilizer?

Hi,

In my quest to figure out how the Immobilizer works (see my other post) I stumbled across a section in the Repair Manual on Alarm System Diagnostics.

Interestingly it states:

Using the system tester (ie, a Bosch Hammer) it is possible to set the alarm system in accordance with the equipment installed [...].
In the case of vehicles without Immobilizer and therefore also without remote control units, the alarm system must be set to "remote control off"

This made me wonder if this is a way to remove the Immobilizer functionality (or at least partially). I can't test this since I have no Bosch Hammer (and I'm not sure if systems like T-OB could be used for this purpose), but has anyone ever tried this or knows what setting Remote Control to Off will exactly do ?

Could it be that the Immobilizer becomes a passive device in that case, no longer interrupting the signals to/from the DME? And in this case could a simple direct activation of the DME and the Starter Relay be used to remove the Immobilizer functionality completely.

Would love to have the experts' opinion on this one !

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Can the Porsche alarm be set to ignore the Immobilizer?