Sponsored by:

RS splitters questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003 | 01:02 PM
Greg D.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Post RS splitters questions...

I just wanted to be sure that you could install RS splitters as a replacment of the bottom portion of the stock bumpers... Looks like the center bit is identical...

Since the bottom of my bumper is separating a bit due to scraping by the PO probably, I assume the bottom part is removable and replaceable with those splitters. If i am wrong please correct me before I make a mistake. If I have to replace the whole bumper, then I'd rather get a turbo cover...

Also, I've seen different sources like Vertex. who has the best one to fit a narrow body car with no adjustment (factory part???).

Last Q, am I going to create some kind of imbalance by adding a front splitter and keeping the stock wing? I remember a problem with my old 83 when adding a rear tail without the matching front splitters, so I thought I'd check!

Many thanks in advance for your help !
Old 07-03-2003 | 01:59 PM
DJF1
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The RS splitters are only the two side bottom pieces. The middle part stays the same. The front bottom of the spoiler is in three pieces. Even if you mount the RSCS spoiler the middle piece stays as is.

I got on my cabrio a factory RSCS spoiler and it was a perfect fit. I got on the race car the RS splitters from MAShaw and the fit needed to be worked a bit. Nothing major but certainly not factory.

Quick Reply: RS splitters questions...