Sponsored by:

A very cool video by Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002, 02:55 AM
Suwipin
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile A very cool video by Porsche

<a href="http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/entertainment/sounds/models/carreragt/default.htm" target="_blank">http://www2.us.porsche.com/english/usa/entertainment/sounds/models/carreragt/default.h tm</a>

I need to learn German
Old 10-09-2002, 09:57 AM
Mark Buka
Instructor

Pin:

Basically, what you see is a historical perspective of Porsche's philosophy leading
up to the intro of the Carrera GT. It is cool
to see the CGT isn't it?
Old 10-09-2002, 10:18 AM
Jack667
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 60 Posts
Although I can't understand German, the positioning and messaging are a little strange - The intro video says that a that a road vehicle has never been closer to the racetrack, yet they don't plan to race it.

I know that this topic has already been beat to death, but when you see comments like this from Porsche, and the full video - with so much footage from past Le Mans efforts from the factory, you wonder if Porsche is actually going to compete with the CGT.
Old 10-09-2002, 12:21 PM
Allen
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I think that Porsche is just trying to get as much "mileage" out of their past racing heritage as possible. They should take some of their marketing money and put it into a racing program. I think they are trying to create an "image" of a racing marque without actually having to race....it's a lot cheaper. Can you blame them, a LOT of the people buying Porsches these days could care less if Porsche really IS racing or not, they just want a car that everyone THINKS is a racing brand. I think I'm going to be sick.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:05 PM
dmccart
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Very cool video Suwipin.
Old 10-10-2002, 07:30 PM
Robert Henriksen
Addict
Rennlist Member

[quote]Originally posted by Allen:
<strong>I think that Porsche is just trying to get as much "mileage" out of their past racing heritage as possible. They should take some of their marketing money and put it into a racing program. I think they are trying to create an "image" of a racing marque without actually having to race....it's a lot cheaper. Can you blame them, a LOT of the people buying Porsches these days could care less if Porsche really IS racing or not, they just want a car that everyone THINKS is a racing brand. I think I'm going to be sick.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Allen, I got exactly the same reaction - I followed a link Porsche emailed me to 'building the Cayenne' (don't ask, I was bored). I made it through the first 30-40 seconds, and I was having flashbacks to the very first Infinity commercials where they'd never show the damn car. And that's when I started wondering how the size of their marketing budget compares w. past racing budgets...

Quick Reply: A very cool video by Porsche