Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Circuit City & Big Smile

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2002 | 11:51 PM
Area54
7th Gear

Post Circuit City & Big Smile

Last night I picked up a few VHS tapes for the Petit Le Mans this weekend. As I was leaving Circuit City, my friend Joe called out. I had walked by as he arrived in his beautiful blue metallic 330Ci. I had shown him my car a few weeks ago, at a meeting but told him that I was waiting for the new clutch before I would give him a test drive. Joe is a former flight surgeon for Air Force One and had owned a 914 during his earlier life. He loves Porsche and has not driven one since his days in the service and raising his family.

He said to me, "I just want to hear you start it up!" "Joe, take it for drive, here is the key", I said. "Just the lot (hesitation), sure", he said. From that moment, he had that really nice smile on his face. We went through the lot around Circuit City with him exclaiming, "This car is so tight!" The Freeway is pretty close. "Joe, take it out on the Freeway", I said. "You mean it?" and the smile just got bigger. "Sure", I said. He is running the car with shifts upto 4-5 K between gears and the smile just would not leave his face. His last comment was "This car is so addicting." If he thinks this after 10 minutes, imagine what I think after two months of ownership.

I have known Joe for over 20 years and it was so much fun to see him enjoy himself. I pulled out of the lot watching him with that same big smile on his face. I just wonder if it is still there?

Quick Reply: Circuit City & Big Smile