993 Forum 1995-1998

Inaugural PCA Event at Barber MSP

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 08:19 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Hank,
how's your car doing? Did you get the cooling issues sorted out?

Buck,
Glad to hear tom got a race car. Does he plan on racing it w/ the pca?

Its always great to get a new track in the area.
It's really unfortunate that PCA couldn't work out the club race that was scheduled there.

-Phil
Old 04-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Greg Fishman
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
EJ, Buck,
There actually was an aircooled 993GT2 at this years 24hr race at Daytona but it had some serious problems due to the restrictors that were put on it. The Autometrics car was the last aircooled GT-class car to race there. Either way I was near their pits the year they ran (2001) and they struggled with the elements, it rained 18 of the 24 hours, and I don't mean sprinkled, monson was a more appropriate description. They barely qualified for the race (more cars than grid positions) but they had a great finish just by staying alive. I think the rain helped equalize the field some too.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:32 AM
Hank Cohn
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Phil:

Thanks to Gert and the Cargraphics auxiliary oil cooler, the car is running very cool on both the street and the track. The temperature at BMP was around 72 and the oil temperature never exceeded the 9 o'clock position which, I think, is about 220 degrees F. I would be remiss if I neglected to mention the excellent DIY write ups by Bill Bennett and Kim Ouye (Silver Bullet) which guided my install with minimal fuss – thanks guys.

Hank

Quick Reply: Inaugural PCA Event at Barber MSP