Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

soundproofing ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2003 | 10:25 AM
djmc
Advanced

Post soundproofing ?

Did anybody ever try making the inside off the 993 quiter by adding sound proof material behind
the pannels I like the sound of the flat 6 but
it would be nice to hear the radio with having to turn it up to the last
It could be possable my car is missing some soundproofing materal as it was fire damaged
Old 07-03-2003 | 10:46 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

djmc, with my stock radio, Fabspeed MaxFlows and cup airbox, I just put down the window when I want to hear "music".
Old 07-03-2003 | 11:09 AM
NRK
Advanced

Excellent question. We all love our 993 sound track, but on long trips I find the increased fatigue a drawback, esp when conditions are demanding. I am contacting a friend in the aircraft business for lightweight material suggestions on this and will pass them along. Anyone else on the board have experience with acoustic/soundproofing insulation?
Old 07-03-2003 | 11:32 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Silver Bullet:
<strong>...I went the other way, I removed all sound proofing from the engine bay and rear of the car, NOW I can hear the music.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Me too! Just took the seats off yeasterday & today I'll attack rest of the proofing (I've taken some of already).
All that remowed & supercups, I'm sure I'll hear the 'music' very well!
Old 07-03-2003 | 06:10 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

NRK,

The BEST soudproofing material that I have used in my airplanes (heavy piston singles) is a product made by 3M. It's called sound and vibration damping "tape" and comes in sheets that are 1/4" thick and 6" x 48".

I don't know the 3M part number anymore, used to be Y370. The product is EXPENSIVE. Can be brought from Aircraft Spruce in Georgia. Call them at 877-4-SPRUCE. They will send you a free catalog.

Their part number is # 09-30200. Great stuff. Easy to cut and fit. Self adhesive dense, closed cell phone with aluminum damping layer. Nothing better, period.

Hope this helps.

Mike Cap
1997 C2
Arena Red

Quick Reply: soundproofing ?