993 Forum 1995-1998

New Tore B led light kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:19 AM
hkspwrsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default New Tore B led light kit installed

I won't bother with comparison pics because firstly, you can see them on his site and secondly the pics don't do the lights justice. Much brighter!
The instructions made it flow pretty easily. I had two slow downs. The 194 led replacement on the right didn't light up at first. I had one wire slightly out of the groove popped it out and realigned it and turned the bulb 180 degrees for the heck of it. Lit right up.
The only other slow down was a moment where my wife didn't have the key turned to the second position when I was doing the brake light test/demo for my wife and daughter. The brake lamps don't work if you are only on the first click up from 0. I hopped in the car and realized she only turned the first click since even the third brake light was off on that test round.

In summary: this provides the 993 modern bright lights finally. I really like the way Tore packages the kits he sells. This is the third item I've bought (T-light HID and T-locks prior) and he never disappoints. I'm tempted to buy two of everything in case he ever retires.

Thanks
Old 06-30-2014, 10:00 AM
sdm100
Rennlist Member

Received 211 Likes on 108 Posts

I installed mine yesterday, including back up lights tail lights and front turn signal lights. Amazing difference. Only problem when I replaced the rear lens with a new one it makes my taillights look worn. Guess have to change those too. Tore is the best!
Old 06-30-2014, 03:35 PM
USMCF18
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too just installed the T-Lights this weekend and it was completely drop in, no mod required. There was an issue with one of the ballasts initially, which Tore replaced blindingly quickly and everything works perfectly. Tore is fantastic to work with, now to get ALL of the LED kits from him!
Old 07-03-2014, 08:20 AM
badabing
Three Wheelin'

Received 84 Likes on 66 Posts

Anxiously waiting for mine to arrive.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
rlme36
Burning Brakes

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts

I thought the alignment and getting the rear center light was more of a pain than one would think. But then again I tend to do things the hard way, like putting the flasher relay in from the trunk side with out removing the shock cause that seemed like more work, easier to let the skin grow back.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:39 PM
Cupcar
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

+1 here on the kit.

Absolute drop in for my '95, although the instructions say one may have to replace the door on the back of the headlight to the later one with bosses for screws or mod to bolt in the electronics and also alluded to the fact the bulb hole may need to be massaged with a Dremel a bit to get the lamp go in. Nada here on both counts for me, door was right and lamp dropped in.

Great bank for buck deal for me anyway.

Quick Reply: New Tore B led light kit installed