Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts
Default 1998 C4S Silver/Classic Grey FS

What can I say...I have 993 ADD

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...ssic-grey.html
Old 06-17-2014, 12:44 PM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great price, this will be gone by the end of the week.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:09 PM
sacman
Pro

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

pm'ed.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:29 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Not Sold Yet?!
Old 06-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

SOLD....
was on the phone when you posted Harlan
Old 06-17-2014, 02:27 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Congrats! That was fast!!!
Old 06-17-2014, 03:15 PM
cpdjfd107
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

so roughly an hour and a half to sell a nice condition C4S with 96k miles. Congrats on the sale. It's nice knowing that if I ever decide to sell mine someday (hopefully) it will be just as quick.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:19 PM
doublecabmel
Three Wheelin'

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

is it me or when it sells that fast you sold it too cheap? Though these cars seem to be appreciating every month
Old 06-17-2014, 04:53 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doublecabmel
is it me or when it sells that fast you sold it too cheap? Though these cars seem to be appreciating every month
That may be true. My philosophy on buying and selling is probably not the same as everyone else.

It's a simple concept, put the maximum quality in and give the buyer a fair price. Treat the buyer exactly the same way I want to be treated when I make a purchase.

Sure I'll leave 'money on the table' as a seller at times and i'll overpay as a buyer other times but to me it's not about maximizing profit or getting something below market value.

In the past 12 years I rebuilt a manufacturing firm into a successful, profitable company. Just at a time when everyone was telling me manufacturing is dead in the USA. I studied the Japanese and Chinese models of manufacturing and realized that even though they could command a lot more money for their product they were happy with much lower margins. We can not only compete with our Asian counterparts domestically, but we can even go THERE and win business they already had with this ideology.

The philosophy of maximizing profits at any cost is the single biggest detriment to selling and manufacturing in my opinion. Too many businesses have closed their doors not because of lack of demand, but by lack of competitiveness and unwillingness to take less margin.

I'd rather make the sale and be happy with a lower margin then have to lay off workers and close plants.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:59 PM
ntmatter
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Academictech, I like the cut of your jib! If your manufacturing firm ever needs a software licensing exec let me know.
Old 06-17-2014, 05:08 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Academictech
That may be true. My philosophy on buying and selling is probably not the same as everyone else.

It's a simple concept, put the maximum quality in and give the buyer a fair price. Treat the buyer exactly the same way I want to be treated when I make a purchase.

Sure I'll leave 'money on the table' as a seller at times and i'll overpay as a buyer other times but to me it's not about maximizing profit or getting something below market value.

In the past 12 years I rebuilt a manufacturing firm into a successful, profitable company. Just at a time when everyone was telling me manufacturing is dead in the USA. I studied the Japanese and Chinese models of manufacturing and realized that even though they could command a lot more money for their product they were happy with much lower margins. We can not only compete with our Asian counterparts domestically, but we can even go THERE and win business they already had with this ideology.

The philosophy of maximizing profits at any cost is the single biggest detriment to selling and manufacturing in my opinion. Too many businesses have closed their doors not because of lack of demand, but by lack of competitiveness and unwillingness to take less margin.

I'd rather make the sale and be happy with a lower margin then have to lay off workers and close plants.
words to admire Bart, unfortunately words that too damn few in your professional capacity in this country can understand.

Loyalty, quality, trust, fairness...all words I fear will be missing from a future addition of Websters if things don't change.

Anyway...what's next? The Metallic Black one is gone too, isn't it? You gonna become a boost junkie now?
Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 PM
Todynot
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 83 Posts

Working on lower margins may sound nice, but the fact is, it is often required to succeed if you offer no real differentiator. If you do offer a unique product and/or service and still decide to sell at a lower margin, you do youself and investors a disservice. Nothing wrong with maximizing productivity and profits.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:04 PM
BLT4SPD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome Bart! Simply Awesome! I feel lucky to have done business with you in the past and hope to again in the future.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:29 PM
sacman
Pro

such a refreshing philosophy.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:36 PM
sacman
Pro

As an audiophile, I can name you so many great American companies that failed the very own reason why they existed in the first place. Today market is full of impatient investors whose unrealistic expectation for ROI drove a lot of good companies to the ground. The traditional investors are long gone and the global economy open up to a lot of diversity in investors, especially those who are from the unstable environment so their long term commitments are rarely there. We have electronics selling for $27K/piece that cheaply made with poor quality. Somebody has to pay somewhere in the food chain.

Quick Reply: 1998 C4S Silver/Classic Grey FS