Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trying to post a pic of piggyback Oil Cooler, no luck...Help John D....

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 01:52 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Chris, we found that they cooled better in series than parallel. We theorize that the in series forces the oil all the way through both coolers one at a time vs the fluid taking the path of least resistance in the parallel setup. The banjo worked fine but we noticed higher temps than in series with the loop line. Both setups were better than a single cooler. The banjo only showed to be slightly less efficient during sustained high rpm Club Race type scenarios in TX heat. So that being said, series is the better way to go and is easy to do(much easier than our clever little work we did on the custom fittings! LOL)I would bet that the Mind over Motorsports version is in Series as that is Much easier to do.....Mr Brusseau?
Old 04-28-2003, 09:44 AM
djimenez993tt
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glen,

Would it be overkill to have your "parallel" cooler, plus a Turbo S cooler? I live in Monterrey, Mexico and track the car a few times a year, so far no high temps, but I like to be on the safe side, having the oil cool wouldn't hurt the engine, or will it? WE NEED SOME NMBERS HERE!$$$
Old 04-28-2003, 10:44 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Sounds interesting & seems to be just simple bolt-on!

Fill us in when you get all the details Glen.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
I talked to my fabricator and here is what he figured out. If You send us your cooler the turnaround should be about 1 week if we 2 day it both ways. He will join the 2 coolers and plumb them for running in series with AN fittings. They will bolt up directly to your existing location, use the existing sending unit, existing lines and fan. If You send your cooler it will be 650$ plus shipping if you want 2 new coolers it will be 950$ plus shipping. If you guys want to try a group buy, let me know how many and we can see if we can knock the price down some. I will post this under the thread with the pics also. Please feel free to email me with any questions at all. Hope this helps!
Old 04-28-2003, 10:40 PM
993Power
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Glen, definetly something I'd be interested, $650.00 would be cool with me, just two questions, if they did run in a series, would they be side to side next to each other or behind one another?I talked to Mind over Motorsports and they said they fabricated brackets to add the exrta oil cooler behind the first one, I know parallel runs close to each other like what you did. Either in which case, I think that would be way better for me in anycase because summer is coming in Southern Cali, and my temp in traffic climbs to 10 o'clock position, thanks!

chris
Old 04-29-2003, 12:14 AM
4flynlow
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Glen:
I an not positive but I believe they are run in series.Mind over Motorsports did the work and a very clean fabrication to direct air onto them.
Jeffry brusseau

Quick Reply: Trying to post a pic of piggyback Oil Cooler, no luck...Help John D....