Sponsored by:

Handling with RH replica speedline wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Buddan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Handling with RH replica speedline wheels

Hi, I have read a a number of post on the forum about the RS Speedline wheels for the 993 and the main conclusion I have found is that they look great, but are heavy and the handling of the car is compromised.

Does anyone know if the RS Speedline replica wheels are a better option? I do not what to take away from the handling of the car for the look of the wheel.

Any other wheel recommendations for the 993?
Old 06-10-2014, 11:16 AM
lopro
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oem speedlines are quite heavy also. I didn't notice soo much change in the weight, I noticed more the size change. I know my back hates the speedlines when trying to put them back onto the car

But any 17" wheel seems to ride the best on these cars, maybe they were talking about the size of the wheels changing the ride because they are 18"????
Old 06-10-2014, 12:22 PM
race911
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Handling? Where, exactly, and in what manner are you driving your car?

Back in the Olden Days when I was racing the RS America was there a difference between Cup 1s with Kumhos v. BBS with Hoosiers? Sure. But it took til maybe the turn in point on the second turn to get my head wrapped around what I had mounted.

Bottom line is that if you're in a range where you're riding the slip angle of the tire unsprung weight might matter. Might.

Quick Reply: Handling with RH replica speedline wheels