Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Easiest way to install 6.5" front speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 04:36 PM
TheOtherEric
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
Default Easiest way to install 6.5" front speakers?

Anyone know of a really simple way to install 6.5" speakers up front as a replacement for the factory 5.25"? Apparently Rod Birch supplies some kind of an adapter ring if you buy his Focal speakers, but I'm not really interested in spending $400 for a pair of car speakers. Is such an adapter ring readily available somewhere?

My 993 has the hi-fi option, but I don't think that makes any difference since I'd just throw out the stock plastic speaker box and then install the speakers in the door panel like in the standard configuration.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:23 PM
GratefulJED
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put in focal 165 in the existing holes, drilled 4 new screw holes cause they did not match up, and used nuts bolts and washers. No problems with fitment except for getting the old ones out of there - would up breaking the existing grills.

EDIT - just saw you had hi fi option - in that case what I did was use 2) 1/4 thick by .5X.5 pieces of rubber for each screw to give the ring effect - worked great cause they are hidden from view by the speaker cover - good luck

Quick Reply: Easiest way to install 6.5" front speakers?