Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Suspension identification please!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 01:28 PM
willus
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was recently trying to get the exact part # off my Bilstein HD's and found that if I turned the steering wheel, I could lay on the ground, shine a flashlight on the back of the struct and snap a photo with my cell phone. I could then read the part number off the cell phone photo (I couldn't directly see it).

My car currently has the old Bilstein HD's with the very limited front height adjustment and the H&R lowering springs. I would say this setup is way too low - I think this version of the Bilstein HD's already lowers the front of the car about 20mm. I would carefully check the amount of lowering any new springs would provide. There's more detailed info on my blog post here: http://twofourthsfull.blogspot.com/2...revisited.html

Old 04-30-2014, 04:38 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by OverBoosted28
Sorry to be OT, but am I the only one that thinks there's alot of rust/corrosion?
No you aren't.

If this is a potential purchase, the corrosion should be taken into consideration.
Old 05-01-2014, 01:38 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 705 Likes on 489 Posts

Originally Posted by f1ava
Thank you, so there is potential for M030 springs to play nicely with these HD shocks?
Well not according to Bilstein. The HD referred to on forums is a Bilstein B6 strut.

Bilstein specifies/lists the B8 Sprint strut when using the M030 or M033 spring.

The shorter piston of the B8 Sprint strut addresses the loose spring issue, again, according to Bilstein. I have seen the 20 mm (3/4 inch) gap between the rear spring and lower spring seat on a local owner's 993 who has HDs installed.

Quick Reply: Suspension identification please!