Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

go for the black on black car and do not look back
Old 04-21-2014, 03:53 AM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by waydeki
I am told its a need nothing car.
It will always need something. Don't use all your cash on the purchase and expect to do some things ($1-2k, over the next year or two, possibly at the low end for you).

Originally Posted by waydeki
More on the car...
Service records available. nothing to hide.
Clutch was good enough to not replace it.
09991 = Manufactured from the Exclusive program.*
"Service records available." - Review these. I actually found things in the records that the then current owner didn't know about....and these were positive things, actually.

Bummer they didn't do the clutch when it was out, despite the low wear. However, I do know a 95 993 that went nearly 150kmi before a clutch. Records said mine was replaced about 45k by PO, and no issues now 73k later.

"Manufactured from the Exclusive program." -Hmmm....what was optioned in that made it hit the "Exclusive" category?

In the end, will you be happy with that car or the other you posted? Pick what you like (and what you can afford). Some people like to buy and fix up, others like to have nothing to do but drive it.....figure out which category you are in. Good luck!
Old 04-21-2014, 08:22 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

two things bother me about the OP's description of the first car...
clutch checked, and good...regardless of mileage, what about the other minor bits and pieces there, they're still damn near 20 years old.
-control arm bushings checked-good...again, 20 year old bushings, same goes for the motor mounts in these cars.

Damn near every 993 with original front control arm bushings, and motor mounts could benefit from their change. Same goes for stock suspension, almost regardless of mileage.

Good luck with your search

Quick Reply: 993 value feeler