Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998

Umpteenth 993 NB wheel offset thread, this time with Tramont Cups

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 124 Posts

Here they are. I'm over the moon with the amount of lip on the rear wheels! This is slightly different from the Speedline RS wheels where the lip differential front/rear is not as large.

The wheels on Front - 18x8.5 ET+52 and Rear = 18x10 ET+58.
The tires on Front - 225/40/18 and Rear 265/35/18.

This is the exact same configuration that Alps has on his silver car (near the top of the thread) except that Alps has +59 in the rear. He suggested to me that I play with the offset a little as 265s seem to look a little "lost" in his rear fender well at +59. So, I went with +58 and I'm very satisfied.
Attached Images   
Old 04-29-2014, 09:32 PM
uniquenamehere
Three Wheelin'

Received 140 Likes on 93 Posts

Wow... they look amazing!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:53 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, they look superb!
Old 04-29-2014, 10:02 PM
flyingchappy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

My favorite wheels. I mentally put a block on Speedlines since Nurberger offered them up and now this. I must resist.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:05 PM
Jake G
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love them!

Jake
Old 04-30-2014, 12:37 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlaa
Here they are. I'm over the moon with the amount of lip on the rear wheels! This is slightly different from the Speedline RS wheels where the lip differential front/rear is not as large.

The wheels on Front - 18x8.5 ET+52 and Rear = 18x10 ET+58.
The tires on Front - 225/40/18 and Rear 265/35/18.

This is the exact same configuration that Alps has on his silver car (near the top of the thread) except that Alps has +59 in the rear. He suggested to me that I play with the offset a little as 265s seem to look a little "lost" in his rear fender well at +59. So, I went with +58 and I'm very satisfied.
just try to keep it sorta secret that not only are they kinda cheap, price wise...not quality...but they ain't all that heavy either. Don't want just anybody having these Tramont's.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:47 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
just try to keep it sorta secret that not only are they kinda cheap, price wise...not quality...but they ain't all that heavy either. Don't want just anybody having these Tramont's.
no one should eeeeeevvvveeerrr eeeeeeeevvvvvvvveeeerrrr try to buy these wheels. EVER. They are impossible to get!!!!

(not)

BTW -- since you have a WB I understand the attraction of these --- a true WB fitment with wide body offsets ---- which speedlines were never made for.

That said, as I own an NB (I like the svelte lines), I could have gone with the OE speedlines. I priced out a new set from sunset 45 days ago ---- at that time Sunset told me that there were 2 NEW fronts and 3 NEW rears in Germany --- and that the price of those for a set was $6486.58 + shipping. Yikes!

And I still prefer the Tramont lip (Okay so I put a $5 bill on it --- not quite your $50 bill)
Old 05-02-2014, 04:14 PM
alps
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the Tramont Owners club! They look great on your car. Think you will be very happy with them. Much less problems with corrosion than OE Speedlines.

The price for the wheels and shipping looks very reasonable as well. i am shipping wheels and tires from the UK to Switzerland right now which is costing more than your cost to the US!

What's next for modifications?
Old 05-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Thanks Alps! - I am surprised that shipping for UK to Switzerland is more than shipping from France to California.

What's next in modifications --- I hope nothing. The slope is indeed very slippery. In the nine months I've had the car, I've driven it 1,500 miles. In those 1,500 miles, I've made the following modifications (excluding maint. and repair work)

- Fister Goldenrod
- Fister SSK
- Perfect Power Strut Tower Brace (great for addressing windshield creaks!)
- The lovely Tramont Cup wheels
- front bumperette delete
- new headlight lenses
- clear front corner lamp lenses
- Gert's front protection bar
- Motorsound air box cover

.... Need to spend more time at home driving the thing instead traveling for work .... and then getting tempted by parts purchases perusing rennlist at the hotel in the evenings...
Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 PM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Just wanted to update folks if anybody is thinking about doing this ---

I finally got the fedex bill. The fedex bill was LESS than what I was quoted but there is indeed duty to be paid. So its a wash.

Fedex bill at the end was $474.93
Duty paid was $103.65

so all in the transportation costs were $578.58
Old 05-08-2014, 07:20 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They look great! Congrats!

I actually considered buying a set of Tramonts, when Magdaddy got his, but the offsets and delivery logistics seemed mind-numbing to me.

Enjoy.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:15 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Here is my cliff's notes on delivery logistics. It was super straightforward for me -- Magdaddy figure out all the pitfalls so that I didn't have to run into any of his issues.

This is a cheat sheet on how to do the logistics for a set of four wheels from Tramont in Culoz, France.

+ Initiate the wire transfer to Tramont
- You might pay a couple of bucks to your bank to do this -- $15 maybe
- Expect it to take 3-4 days for Tramont to verify receipt of funds

+ Wait 2-3 weeks for Tramont to manufacture your wheels and confirm that they are ready for pickup.

+ Call Fedex GREAT RATES with a business account (employer?)
- 1.877.463.7408 7am-7pm CST M-F
- ask for pickup for two packages, 66 lbs each, 24"x24x24" each
- ask for RPI - Remote Pickup Inquiry (1/800.580.0895 direct line)
- ask for International PRIORITY, not International Economy (PRIORITY was cheaper)
- they should quote around $550

+ Create Fedex documentation on your end w/ business software. 4 docs should be auto-created --- pdf and email this all
to Tramont with the following instructions:
- Doc 1 - shipping label for package #1 - put it on the package #1 (master tracking # package)
- Doc 2 - shipping label for package #2 - put it on the package #2 (secondary tracking # package)
- Doc 3 - commercial invoice - print THREE copies and put it in the pouch of BOTH the master and secondary package
- Doc 4 - list of good shipped - print THREE copies and put it in the pouch of the master package

+ Call Fedex BEFORE 72 hours have elapsed from the date of initiation of RPI pickup --- remind them to pick
it up and ask to extend the rate quote if not picked up.
- Also email Tramont and ask them to call their local fedex to remind fedex to pick it up.

+ Fedex Import Services will call you and ask you to fill out two documents
- they will tell you exactly what to fill out --- no worries
- they will leave you a direct number to call back if you have any questions
- Doc 1 - USDOT Form HS7 - you are just claiming the wheels meet FMVSS standards
- Doc 2 - Dept Homeland Security Form 5106 - registering with your name as an
individual "importer"

+ Fedex should take 2-3 days to deliver the wheels to you.

+ Voila, receive wheels. Enjoy.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:16 AM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlaa
Here is my cliff's notes on delivery logistics. It was super straightforward for me -- Magdaddy figure out all the pitfalls so that I didn't have to run into any of his issues.

This is a cheat sheet on how to do the logistics for a set of four wheels from Tramont in Culoz, France. Remember, France is 6 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time...do the math for your specific region of the country.

+ Initiate the wire transfer to Tramont-payment must be in Euro's. Buy rate for any currency is slightly below standard rate...cause everyone has to make money here
- You might pay a couple of bucks to your bank to do this -- $15 maybe(could be $50)
- Expect it to take 3-4 days for Tramont to verify receipt of funds

+ Wait 2-3 weeks for Tramont to manufacture your wheels and confirm that they are ready for pickup.

+ Call Fedex GREAT RATES with a business account (employer?)
- 1.877.463.7408 7am-7pm CST M-F
- ask for pickup for two packages, 66 lbs each, 24"x24x24" each
- ask for RPI - Remote Pickup Inquiry (1/800.580.0895 direct line)
- ask for International PRIORITY, not International Economy (PRIORITY was cheaper)
- they should quote around $550

+ Create Fedex documentation on your end w/ business software. 4 docs should be auto-created --- pdf and email this all
to Tramont with the following instructions:
- Doc 1 - shipping label for package #1 - put it on the package #1 (master tracking # package)
- Doc 2 - shipping label for package #2 - put it on the package #2 (secondary tracking # package)
- Doc 3 - commercial invoice - print THREE copies and put it in the pouch of BOTH the master and secondary package
- Doc 4 - list of good shipped - print THREE copies and put it in the pouch of the master package

+ Call Fedex BEFORE 72 hours have elapsed from the date of initiation of RPI pickup --- remind them to pick
it up and ask to extend the rate quote if not picked up.-YES, it's your responsibility to tell them they didn't pick up the package yet
- Also email Tramont and ask them to call their local fedex to remind fedex to pick it up.

+ Fedex Import Services will call you and ask you to fill out two documents
- they will tell you exactly what to fill out --- no worries
- they will leave you a direct number to call back if you have any questions
- Doc 1 - USDOT Form HS7 - you are just claiming the wheels meet FMVSS standards
- Doc 2 - Dept Homeland Security Form 5106 - registering with your name as an
individual "importer"

+ Fedex should take 2-3 days to deliver the wheels to you.

+ Voila, receive wheels. Enjoy.
added a few bits.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:58 AM
1stgear
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 48 Posts

Those wheels look incredible on your car. Seriously digging those rear lips.
Old 05-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Jlaa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 1stgear
Those wheels look incredible on your car. Seriously digging those rear lips.
Thanks. Here is another shot of the lips ... My favorite attribute of the wheels ...

Name:  ForumRunner_20140509_075436.png
Views: 2963
Size:  1.66 MB

Name:  ForumRunner_20140509_075536.png
Views: 3090
Size:  1.76 MB

Quick Reply: Umpteenth 993 NB wheel offset thread, this time with Tramont Cups