Suspension refresh

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 10:54 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 642 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by RFMASSA
Can someone clarify the M033 spring designation?

If I order M033 springs from Sunset Porsche for example, will they be lowering springs or does this have to be specified?

Some people will indicate in their posts, M033 +ROW which leads me to believe there are US M033 and ROW M033.

Thanks.
There are no US M033. The springs are probably cheaper through FD Motor Sports.
Old 06-04-2014, 12:50 PM
RFMASSA
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Trying to decide if it is worth changing to M033 springs if I change my shocks to Koni FSD. I don't track the car and want comfort. Other than appearance, I am not sure it is worth it.

Has anyone measured the distance from the bottom of the fender lip to the ground for M033 springs?

My car with OEM springs is about 26-1/2" in the front.
Old 06-06-2014, 04:45 PM
martyp
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in the middle of this right now. My FSD's are also labeled backwards. Fortunately I marked the struts when I took them out and then built up the replacements one at a time - no way to mix the side up. Looking forward to getting this done!

Originally Posted by pwhite52
I just completed a suspension refresh on my '96 including Koni FSD's, M033 springs, Walrod bushings, Tarett drop links and rear toe control arms. At the same time we added PSS tires, set the ride height to ROW and did the kinematic alignment. It didn't come cheap as those who have done it will confirm but what a difference! My car only has 49K miles on the odo but I was pretty sure the improvements were needed. Some may think the PSS10 route is the only way but for a primarily street use ride, this is definitely the answer. One item I need to mention is that recent shipments from Koni of the FSD's have apparently been mislabeled as to left vs. right. My mechanic thought he was going insane as the shocks simply would not install as marked. After a few calls to Paragon Parts and their calls to Koni, the problem was resolved. A great big thanks to Jason at Paragon Parts. He went beyond normal customer service for no reason other than he felt it was the right thing to do. Both Paragon and Koni have well deserved reputations for product and service excellence in my book.

Quick Reply: Suspension refresh