Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sign O' the Times? Got mailer from Holt Motorsports...

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 PM
Zeichen 282
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Sign O' the Times? Got mailer from Holt Motorsports...

Bought my 993 from them a few years ago, the mailer specifies "you have bought a 911 from us within the past 10 years" and states "WE NEED MORE CARS!... If you have even a remote interest in seeing what we'll pay for YOUR Porsche 911, PLEASE CALL right away!" Also mentions a "generous finders fee if you know of a friend or neighbor that has a Porsche 911 to sell... any year, any style."

Now I'm well aware that this is a tactic many mainstream dealers use to add used car stock (and maybe make incremental new car sales), I've received quite a few in past years for other vehicles I've owned. Just can't help but wonder if this is a sign of the 911 market overall getting much tighter than in years past.

I have casually kept an eye on Holt inventory over the past years and it seemed to me the inventory on their website has gradually decreased over time (I know what's on their website is not an accurate representation of actual stock but still)...
Old 03-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Todynot
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 83 Posts

When I was shopping at his place last fall he told me many of his sales were to clients abroad. That's going to take a toll on North American availability eventually.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:22 PM
Zeichen 282
Instructor

Yup. When I was buying from him he stated many (a third?) of his cars go to German re-sellers or buyers. Tim has been in the business for a very long time and has maintained a consistent quality reputation working with buyers/scouts all over the US to source his cars.

If he's now using direct mail to mine his own client base for cars it must mean demand is far exceeding supply.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:26 PM
esses
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought TUV wouldn't allow the importation of US cars
Old 03-03-2014, 10:57 PM
Zeichen 282
Instructor

TÜV requires some changes to lighting (add rear fog, disable side markers etc.) to conform to EU regulations but that's about it.

Quick Reply: Sign O' the Times? Got mailer from Holt Motorsports...