Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another TPC Supercharger Install project thread :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 09:22 PM
mr_bock
Three Wheelin'

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Jay J,
I just saw your thread...
I have had my TPC SC on my car for many years and I love it!!!!

One thing I might suggest concerning the belt alignment. A few years ago I was getting some belt noise while running, especially at idle. Seems that the SC pulley was out of alignment with the rest of the pulleys. I installed new rubber boots on the manifold. Checked the hold down 'straps' of the manifold to engine. I was able to determine which SC mounting holes were 'off'. I bought a long end mill a bit over the SC mounting bolt dia and used my floor drill press to slot the holes. It took some milling and test fitting to get it right. I also had to add a spacer between the SC and the steel bracket that goes over the fan air duct (TPC part). Using a nice straight edge I could get everything lined up in all directions. Now no belt noise or alignment issues. You might need to shim the idler pulley assembly where it mounts to the rear engine support bracket. My bracket was not straight after welding in Ecklers RS support stiffener so I needed to make a shim.

I too would like to have cruise control but I never looked to deep if there was any way to do...

Best Wishes for your project... Well Worth It IMHO !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Another TPC Supercharger Install project thread :)