Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Victory Motorcars Houston (bad experience)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Victory Motorcars Houston (bad experience)

Just to let everyone know how terribly unethical these guys are. I sent my car for a tech inspection and they came back saying I needed all new brake pads, went to check the car and it had 75% life on the front and 25% in the back. They wanted to charge me $800 ! it didn't even need it !!

Also, as any 993 owner will attest, our cars have valve cover leaks, fact of life, i took it for a tech inspection for a track day last week as they are close to my place (my fault as I already had a bad experience). They came back with a list of things it needed $3,500 in repairs for engine re-seal. Furthermore it came with a disconnected exhaust ! . When I confronted the service manager about it, he said they only looked under with a flashlight, that they couldn't have disconnected that.

I said: "How did you know all the other things were wrong then ??".
He replied that they didn't need clients like me, clients that tried to work on price and I wouldn't understand the mechanics, (I'm a mechanical engineer) that he was not going to waste his time explaining.
Even if the car needed all those things, having the audacity to say that to a customer ! The whole communication happened over text messages, you can imagine how furious I was...

To be fair, I will take the car to a friend of mine who has 30 yr experience fixing air-cooled 911s and I will report back here with what the car actually needed ...it is however appalling that they treat anyone like that, twice.

Regards.

Tony
Old 02-03-2014, 03:48 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

A bad experience at Victory. Imagine that

A simple search on here will show countless stories of their shady tactics and outright fraud.

Run, Tony, run, in other other direction.

Next time do a Rennlist/Google search before you go and you can avoid the experience of dealing with known sleazebags like Victory Motors
Old 02-03-2014, 03:56 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 609 Likes on 385 Posts

With the reputation that Victory has it is hard to believe that they are still in business.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Tony,
Sorry to hear, and I empathize. But seriously... There's this thing called "google." Try it. It would have kept you away from Victory.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:35 PM
P-daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 277 Posts

Despite the rumor that there are actual happy customers, the numerous horror stories are enough to keep me away from that foo.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:49 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

exactly!! how do businesses like this STAY in business? that always amazes me. i've been a small business owner since my mid-20s and have always considered great customer service as an absolute given. unfortunately, some companies, who do not do that, manage to stay in business. it's hard enough as it is, but to give ****ty customer service and stay alive... amazing.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:21 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Nothing worse then a maggot dealer.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:29 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Falcondrivr
Tony, Sorry to hear, and I empathize. But seriously... There's this thing called "google." Try it. It would have kept you away from Victory.
I should have, googled or asked here! Good thing is I didn't fall for it, just wasted time and a furious morning dealing with an idiot with bad grammar and worse spelling telling me i would not understand mechanics... I guess some people just write checks but they are less and less, these shops have their days numbered ...
Old 02-03-2014, 07:33 PM
jon91581
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Tony_KB,

If you need another recommendation for an indy, shoot me a PM. I've got a couple that I like to use. I'm guessing that you're talking about Eric at Eurocar-werk as the other indy with 30+ years experience.

Thanks,
Jon
Old 02-04-2014, 12:55 PM
PRSWILL
Rennlist Member

Received 468 Likes on 307 Posts

So Glad I passed on a deal with those clowns last year. They had a 996 Cab I was interested in and sent them an e-mail asking about the price shipped. I was quoted in writing a VERY good price and so I followed up with trying to set up a PPI with an outside shop, and all of the sudden the Dip $h!t owner says "we quoted you what for that car?" ( I gave him the vin number in the message to quote) and he say "oh no- we can't sell it for that price, that was a different car- which we sold" ( this is literally 5-6 hours after I was originally quoted) the price is now 6K higher than originally quoted.
Not sure if he was afraid of the PPI or what. The car I inquired about, remained on their web site for 2 months. What a dork.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:49 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 260 Posts

We all encounter problems in the business world. It's how you resolve them consistently that makes or breaks your reputation.

Great example is Vertex in FL sold a 964 to a RL member up in Boston. Car arrived and needed an engine rebuild. Vertex stepped up and made the owner happy. However, they have sold rebuilt transmissions that got complaints.

Canepa sold a low mile 993TT with accident history as a clean title car and had to buy it back when the new owner discovered the damage. Their image is now changed forever. Canepa may have been a straight shooter all along with this one mistake.

It was much easier to hide these shady business practices before the interweb. That being said, as long as there are people who continue to make impulse purchases, Victory will remain in business.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Tony_KB
Advanced

As I promised, I would get back to the group with the actual parts and labor needed. Victory quoted me $3,400 to seal valve covers, engine, timing belts etc...

The car was fixed by Peter Baldauf in his shop for $250 including parts, all it needed was lower valve cover gaskets. zero leaks since then.

That's all I have to say about that.

Good Riddance Victory Motorcars.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:56 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 978 Likes on 638 Posts

good update!! let's just be thankful that we have the interwebs these days so we can forward this type of information through various forums and medias. does anyone remember life before the web...? it was a cold, dark, lonely place.
The following users liked this post:
Onami (06-16-2021)
Old 03-07-2014, 01:05 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony_KB
As I promised, I would get back to the group with the actual parts and labor needed. Victory quoted me $3,400 to seal valve covers, engine, timing belts etc...

The car was fixed by Peter Baldauf in his shop for $250 including parts, all it needed was lower valve cover gaskets. zero leaks since then.

That's all I have to say about that.

Good Riddance Victory Motorcars.
What is the name of Peter's shop? It appears that it is worth mentioning on the positive end.
Old 03-07-2014, 01:09 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Imagine how badly Victory has to fuch its current customer base in order to stay in business!

...And yet another victory story for Victory auto snails

Quick Reply: Victory Motorcars Houston (bad experience)