Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuch - Group Purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 PM
kreeshp
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I am posting not to complain or criticize but as an observer who was initially interested in this group buy but dropped out after doing some reflecting and realizing that the funds for these wheels would be better served elsewhere for my car.

I, too, found it very odd that a price was never posted throughout the duration of this group buy, even on some of the other Rennlist boards which I follow. I'm not privy to the reasons for the apparent secrecy, but I can't help but think that in hindsight, it's possible a better price for all who participated *might* have been possible, if the group buy price had been disclosed.

At worst, it might have resulted in a few more potential buyers who were sitting on the sidelines jumping on board and resulting in a bigger discount for the entire group.

At worst, buyers who bought on their own before the group buy (like Hilltopper) would have spoken out about the prices they were able to obtain independent of the group buy, and improved the bargaining power of the group buyers.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:24 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Well stated-those are my thoughts too.

Originally Posted by kreeshp
I am posting not to complain or criticize but as an observer who was initially interested in this group buy but dropped out after doing some reflecting and realizing that the funds for these wheels would be better served elsewhere for my car.

I, too, found it very odd that a price was never posted throughout the duration of this group buy, even on some of the other Rennlist boards which I follow. I'm not privy to the reasons for the apparent secrecy, but I can't help but think that in hindsight, it's possible a better price for all who participated *might* have been possible, if the group buy price had been disclosed.

At worst, it might have resulted in a few more potential buyers who were sitting on the sidelines jumping on board and resulting in a bigger discount for the entire group.

At worst, buyers who bought on their own before the group buy (like Hilltopper) would have spoken out about the prices they were able to obtain independent of the group buy, and improved the bargaining power of the group buyers.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:32 AM
mastersdom
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow those wheels look superb!
Old 03-12-2014, 05:01 AM
Nautilus
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hilltopper
Per my invoice, I stand corrected. I actually got a 16% discount. Not sure who benefited from waiting for group buy process when you can go on-line and simply order.
At what point of the online buying process did you get the 16% discount?

I went through it a few months ago (bar actually making the payment) and was getting the listed price (no discount whatsoever).
Old 03-12-2014, 05:13 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Per my invoice, I stand corrected. I actually got a 16% discount. Not sure who benefited from waiting for group buy process when you can go on-line and simply order.
Hi Hilltopper,

Where is the total price paid on your invoice copy please? Would you mind posting a copy the full invoice please (page 2 perhaps)?

Thanks,
Paul
Old 03-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

13%, 16%, Who gives a $hit. It's like $100 or so difference. I want to see some INSTALLED PICS PLEASE!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:09 AM
Paul284pt
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

13%, 16%, Who gives a $hit. It's like $100 or so difference.
Not me but since it appears to have become an issue - there is no discount, the figure shown in the copy of Hilltopper's invoice exclude VAT (19%), which is always itemised separately at the bottom of the invoice. The prices on Fuchfelge website show include VAT (for public sales purposes) . In other words the prices are almost the same - therefore no discount was obtained.

Also while I'm in here, I know another person tried and was unsuccessful at getting discount from Fuchs or their agents.

Sigh, can we move on now.

Pics to follow,
Paul
Old 03-12-2014, 11:57 AM
LPMM
Drifting

Received 130 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Nautilus
At what point of the online buying process did you get the 16% discount?

I went through it a few months ago (bar actually making the payment) and was getting the listed price (no discount whatsoever).
Probably because you live in the EU. List prices on the website are inclusive of the 19% VAT, so it appears that the "discount" Hilltopper received is actually list price minus VAT plus shipping. Anyone having their set shipped outside the EU will get that.

A group buy becomes interesting price wise if there is a true discount off of the list price, so that folks in the EU can get a price break even when adding back VAT.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:53 PM
dapplestein
Rennlist Member

Thanks to all who inquired, played a part and special thanks to those who purchased and made all this possible.
I've been in Porsches since '74 and PCA since '75. Aside from the cars, what makes ownership so great are the drivers (male and female). RL is a perfect example - the only stupid question is the unasked one. This is a supportive group to novice and pro alike. Who doesn't need some help from time to time?
Sure we will have differences of opinion but sometimes its not the opinion that not constructive but the way it expressed.
For those who have express the "weridness" of this purchase, I confess this was my first attempt at a group purchase. If you were wondering about the discount, why didn't you send an email or PM? For the record, if in the US, 19% VAT was deduced and then 15% off of that. So, without calculator, about 30%. All it would have taken was an email. Guys from Alaska, Spain, England and of course the US benefited by asking and eventually purchasing.
I learned a lot, helped out some RLers and actually had some fun?
Best
Don
Old 03-12-2014, 07:24 PM
esses
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think we need to get back on point,

Tire rack delivered my tires today Conti's I am having my installer mount them Should have them on my car soon. Thanks again Don
Old 03-12-2014, 07:58 PM
oily95cab
Intermediate

I was one of those that was initially interested in this "group purchase" and thanked Don in advance for his efforts on this deal. The bottom line for me was, I was hoping for a better deal and decided to wait and see what else come along in the future. Don't really think I "flaked" on the deal. I have never been involved in a group purchase prior to this, so just to completely understand how tis works, is it based on the seller giving a discount based on the number of buyers involved, and if so, was this the case in this deal? By the way, I'm somewhat envious of those that did get these wheels. I think they are some of the best looking wheels I've seen on a 993, particularly the 17" ones.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:36 AM
alcanada
Instructor

Thanks Don for your efforts in organizing the group buy. I had never organized a group buy myself and personally I rate the purchase as top notch. Your updates were timely and the information provided was to the point. Like you I would not have advertised the discounts during your negotiations with perspective suppliers unless it was a PM from an interested party. I was hesitant on the purchase at first because of the shipping cost but I am glad I got a set. Here is a picture of them on the car, not complete but I like it.

Name:  IMG_3206.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  76.2 KB
Old 03-13-2014, 01:42 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,043 Likes on 470 Posts

^^^^^ NEED to see more!!! Those look awesome,
Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 AM
JLUinAZ
Advanced