Chicago HWFMers

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 07:10 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Chicago HWFMers

Rumor has it that there is a transport coming from Chicago for the Brainard Club Race that has 2 openings. Here's a chance to try out the fastest road course in North America (it might actually be second fastest) and to embarass my 996 on it's home track. What more could you ask for. Also, you get three races rather than the normal 2. A sprint, a 90 minute enduro and one of those crazy reverse order, staggered release jobs. Eric? Greg? Bill? Mike? others?

More details at www.nordstern.org.
Jim
Old 07-24-2003, 08:26 AM
Eric in Chicago
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 12 Posts

Now Jim,
You are already faster on the short tracks, how do you think I'll do on the big "home" track like Brainard??? Slaughtered! with you, James and J.Goldberg (fast as hell RSA C class car) I have to stay home with the Cab.
I cant make it because of a wedding that weekend. I dont think Bill is comimg either but that might change. I think you guys will have a great time, just watch out for the white RSA! I cant wait to see how many seconds or min. you will beat me on my home track, Road America!
How did you do at Mid America? What was the outcome of the 13 ruling on your buddys TT??
Good luck!!
Old 07-24-2003, 09:46 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eric,
Sorry you can't make it but I'll see you at RA. I've already emailed the stewarts asking them to keep a close watch on your weight.

Mid America was great although there was only one other C car and it was very slow. I did get my suspension gremlins worked out and there were plenty of fast GTs, Ds and Es to race with though so it was good fun. You will have to add MAM to your list one of these years. To double my fun I went straight from MAM to RA for a DE on Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately I had a wheel bearing problem so my fun was cut short. I love that track but have a feeling you'll be kicking my butt pretty good there.

I'm not certain how Bill's 13/13 worked out although last I heard it wasn't going well. I think they should just make him drive a slower car.
Later, Jim

Quick Reply: Chicago HWFMers