Spoiler Wall Replacement Simplified

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2003, 04:58 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Spoiler Wall Replacement Simplified

I ordered the sticker, ala BradB, and a new spoiler wall for my 993. The original wall had little tears on either side and was due for replacement.
I applied the sticker to the Spoiler wall and then I down loaded instructions for the replacement. As ususal, I could not find the proper tool for the task at hand, I had to improvise. The damn thing snaps in and out without removing anything!! I open the spoiler all the way, unsnapped the top edge, unsnapped the stud, leaned the wall back, unsnapped the bottom edge, and pulled the old wall off the rubber track. (I taped the edge of the spoiler opening to prevent scratches.)
Install was simple as well. I slid on the new wall, snapped in the bottom, and then snapped in the top. The top goes best with the hood open so that you can fit you hand underneath and work the top edge along the spoiler. Very easy - no tools. Well I did use a little "Pledge" to help things along and I suggest you protect the bottom of the hood - just in-case you drop your flashlight. "Ask me how I know." )

Dave
Old 07-24-2003, 07:09 AM
MadMarkie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave,

Thanks! My new wall is on order with the local stealer... hope to replace it this weekend. Your tip should leave me more time to watch Le Tour, and drink beer!

Mark.
Old 07-24-2003, 08:00 AM
cmoss

I'll be needing to do this too! Thankx.

MadMarkie, you wrote:

My new wall is on order with the local stealer...

Pun? Typo? Freudian slip? Either way LOL!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 08:15 AM
MadMarkie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Cmoss,

"Stealer"... one of my new favorites, picked up lurking around here. Unfortunately, it's not really punny (sorry) since it involves wallet weight reduction.... just tellin' it like it is!

Cheers, Mark.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:04 PM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Dudley

I had my spoiler wall "in stock" and was waiting till I had a couple of hours based on the DIY at p-cars.com.

Anyway followed your mini-DIY and did it this evening in about twenty minutes. No tools needed - just a little muscle and finese. Perfect.

You da man. Thanks.

Mike Cap
1997 C2
Arena Red
Old 07-24-2003, 05:52 PM
randyvitaha
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

I just put my new spoiler wall on last night. It was quite easy if you follow the directions from P-car .com. I also used a lubricant to make the top "snap" in easier. The PORSCHE decal looks awesome on the wall. A couple of terry cloth towels laid across the bottom of the hatch saves the bottom of the rear hood from any scratches that might happen if you should "slip" or something. This is a great improvement!
Old 07-25-2003, 03:51 AM
Dudley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mike - you may own the replacement record! I will check with Guinness.
Robin's method is fool proof but the bolts that attach the spoiler seemed very soft and stubborn. I actually discovered my method while waiting for the "Liquid Wrench" to soak in. If a bolt can be stripped - I am sure to strip it.

Dave
Old 07-25-2003, 04:04 AM
mike cap
Rennlist Member

Received 340 Likes on 238 Posts

Dudley,

Actually, I started to do it your way and the spoiler wall was a little stubborn, so went to Robin's DIY instead. I have all the tools, but you're right about the four socket head bolts. Easy to strip and very tight. I had visions of myself at 1 AM drilling one of them out and having the car down for days while I ordered replacements.

So, I went back to your procedure and got it done. Thanks again.

Mike Cap
1997 C2
Arena Red

Quick Reply: Spoiler Wall Replacement Simplified