Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radar Install

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2003, 09:50 AM
officemanager
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PS this is looking like a bill on the floor in Congress... It started out about my Valentine falling off the windshield and now my doors are buzzing from low bass tones...
Old 07-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Tech-Law
Pro

I hear ya officemanager, I'm tempted to go full bore - believe me. Frankly, (and this is going to sound very weak knee'ed) my wife will have my head if I do a "large" or visible stereo in the 993. Everything has to be hidden or she'll ask too many questions that I can't really answer. Some of my favorites are:

"The car handles better than any car either of us have ever driven... why does it need some new **** suspension?"

"Aren't you going overboard again... you did the same thing with mountain bikes, power tools and home audio."

"What exactly is the purpose of those scoops in place of the fog lights... it doesn't look like they're sending air to anything special?"

"Did this car really come with a silver crest on the hood? I've never seen that..."

and my alltime favorite...

"Why don't you spend your time on something productive instead of playing with your damn toys - you're like a 16 year old."

She's actually the best... I just like to see the humor in all this.
Old 07-18-2003, 06:43 PM
officemanager
Advanced

Aahh... But ignorance is also bliss... and who but you and I know that those two little 8" speakers by the rear seat and those new carpeted door panels with the other funny little speakers... [and maybe she doesn't open the trunk on the same day].... who could believe that it cost possibly cost more than say $900 to do all that... huh!!!!

I mean no woman in her right mind would possibly believe it could cost more than a good couture dress for just some wires, a little bit of metal and other goo...

I mean honey, it's just a new radio... the old one broke...

Or tell her you traded it for the mountian bike...

and I'll buy that from ya... It's probably dusty anyway...
Old 07-20-2003, 08:25 AM
Tech-Law
Pro

Selling all my old stuff is on the list but let's face it... it's just not as fun as BUYING new stuff!
Old 08-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Tech-Law
Pro

Update - I'll be completing my audio sytem upgrade (as well as turbo S bumper, cooling ducts, driving lights, clear turn signals) in the next few weeks. I'll get a price for the box for the V1 while I'm in the shop.
Old 08-02-2003, 04:29 PM
officemanager
Advanced

Got a little bored and I just did the remove the suction cups and install a flat piece of black plastic to the holder and double stick Velcro to it and the window above the opaque black line method...
WORKED PERFECTLY [light still accessible and unblocked]
Cost $3.97 in parts from Radio Shack and 30 minutes of my time. Satisfaction... priceless.
However... Still want the real good in all 50 states version...
PS WHAT STATES ON THE EASTERN SEABOARD ARE DETECTORS ILLEGAL IN?
Old 08-03-2003, 12:51 AM
Tech-Law
Pro

Used to be Connecticut and DC... not sure if they were ever overturned but it was clearly unconstitutional.
Old 08-03-2003, 03:08 AM
Temple
Addict
Rennlist Member

Definitely illegal in DC and Virginia as of a few years ago. I was eager to see what happens once an attorney with a K40 from Maryland got nailed -- clearly a burden on interstate commerce to have something legal in your state, built into your car (hardwired), and then illegal in two neighboring states. Almost made me opt for a K40 instead of a valentine and then go trolling for a cop to pull me over . . . but I lived in Virginia at the time.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:47 PM
JPL 993-C4S
Instructor

Definitely LEGAL in CT now (they changed the law back to make it legal) and illegal in DC and Virginia. Legal everywhere else in the US. There are websites out there that show the laws state-by-state, try google.com to search.
Old 08-03-2003, 09:50 PM
JPL 993-C4S
Instructor

Temple, if you want to pick a fight on the interstate commerce grounds, I recommend buying an old beater and installing the K40 in that... even if you are ultimately proven right, they might still impound your car for some amount of time... that would be depressing to have a 993 unnecessarily tied up in a court battle, all 993s need to be out on the road.

Quick Reply: Radar Install