993 Forum 1995-1998

CEL finally happened...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 05:54 PM
Kika
Nordschleife Master

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six

P.S. I have smog due in Nov, so does throwing a CEL mean I have to address the drive cycles as well? How do I know if I have to reset drive cycle codes? Sorry for my ignorance...
Yes, the drive monitors will get reset once you clear a CEL.

The drive cycle is documented in the archives. Many people have trouble getting the monitors to set. There are 5 of them on the 993.

In my experience, the drive cycle has to be executd twice to reset the monitors. The most difficult part is usually the 15 minutes UNDER 60MPH. Although I have been able to do it on th 405 from the 110 to th 605, early in the AM.

I have a code reader and can check the status of your monitors. I should be around all weekend. When is your smog due?

I suggest not waiting until the last day.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:28 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Kika,
I just ordered 2 ea., rotors, caps, and before cat O2 sensors from Pelican. I anticipate part arrival Thurs or Fri. + installation time, so this wk end might be cutting things close. Smog is due 11/10/13, and I have no intention of waiting till the last day :-)

If worse comes to worse, I non-op the car, take my time, and have everything done at my leisure.

P.S. I also rec'd a correction from Andraya @ Sunset...She apologized stating, its the caps that are $119 ea & the rotors are $45 ea. Pelican was $76 & $26 + tax, free shipping. So $350 vs $225 for just rotors and caps, in case anyone is doing the math.

Quick Reply: CEL finally happened...