Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   993 Forum (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum-58/)
-   -   Genuine Mint Speedline RS Wheels fair trade for 993 Hard Back Sport Seats? (https://rennlist.com/forums/993-forum/777326-genuine-mint-speedline-rs-wheels-fair-trade-for-993-hard-back-sport-seats.html)

clubsport1 09-21-2013 11:29 AM

In the Uk/Europe, the wheels if genuine and not in need of a refurb would be worth nbasically twice as much as the seats. The transport cost to trade kills the arbitrage! :)

Magdaddy 09-21-2013 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by tcsracing1 (Post 10776020)
where can i buy look-alikes for my daily driver narrow body?

Tramont (in France) makes a Porsche licensed replica of the Speedlines, called the Cup wheel. A quality wheel, not as much as the Speedlines, but quality none the less. Tramont has no US distribution. If you have/have access to a UPS, DHL, TNT business account, you can get shipping down to a reasonable level.

Very reasonable cost wheelset, any width, any offset...getting them here is the tough part. Tramont's Euro dealers charge more per wheelset than the factory, and most all also add VAT, then shipping is cheap. Tramont will quote you below the published 2013 pricing per wheelset, but shipping is astronomical. Ask me how I know

boman993 09-21-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by tcsracing1 (Post 10776020)
where can i buy look-alikes for my daily driver narrow body?

Rottec also makes a nice replica! A local member has a set on his narrowbody. They look amazing.

http://boman993.com/wp-content/uploa.../GTA993-14.jpg

RodKnock 09-21-2013 01:27 PM

Maybe another Nurburger group buy?

shldrdoc993 09-21-2013 11:34 PM

993 speedlines

These wheels are oem speedlines and yes mint as I just sold them to Andy for 3600. Surprised to see them flipped so fast. Guess I should have priced them higher.

pirahna 09-21-2013 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by shldrdoc993 (Post 10777377)
These wheels are oem speedlines and yes mint as I just sold them to Andy for 3600. Surprised to see them flipped so fast. Guess I should have priced them higher.

Yeah, you probably easily could have got another $1k+.

AW21 09-22-2013 12:30 AM

Thanks for hooking me up with the wheels David. Did not intend to flip them but I just changed my mind as my initial intention was to convert the rear wheels to WB offset like Nurburger but in the end just couldn't justify spending that much to do it and to dismantle such mint wheels. It would of ended up being over $7k to convert.

I have a set of LM's I'll just polish so figured, I want a set of Sport seats so why not try to trade. Apparently, everything has gone up in price from these wheels to the sport seats. I sold my previous set of sport seats for $4k and now people seem to want $5k + for them. I through up a quick ad to sell and try to buy Moecks set but apparently someone beat me to it - he wanted north of $5k.

Pags993 09-22-2013 02:49 AM

Hey TCS, the replicas Jakob refers to above are from my 95NB. They are the Veloce RS wheels distributed by Rottec in Vancouver. I have 4,000 kms on mine and have had zero issues. They are really easy to keep clean and i get tons of compliments on them. Weight is often mentioned as a negative but my car never leaves the street so means squat to me personally.

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/...ps4ff45a18.jpg

tcsracing1 09-22-2013 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Pags993 (Post 10777601)
Hey TCS, the replicas Jakob refers to above are from my 95NB. They are the Veloce RS wheels distributed by Rottec in Vancouver. I have 4,000 kms on mine and have had zero issues. They are really easy to keep clean and i get tons of compliments on them. Weight is often mentioned as a negative but my car never leaves the street so means squat to me personally.

thx! As much as i would love to have the real deal wheels on my 993, i just cannot take the risk of hurting such expensive wheels on my daily driver.

These Rottec wheels are just what i am looking for and since i am in canada it makes it even easier. :)

Looks like it is time to remove the ol' 16" wheels off my 993!

P-track 09-22-2013 09:57 AM

The Tramont wheels are genuine 3 piece wheels, all screws are high strength steel and bolted. Because all sets are manufactured to order you can choose any width and dimension. The Veloce are not genuine three piece and all the screws are glued on instead of bolted. They are also fixed size. But the Veloce are about half the price of Tramonts.

I have had the real deal Speedlines,Tramonts and Veloce's in the shop. The Veloce look nice on the car but compared to the Speedlines there is a big difference in fit and finish.

Apart from the laser engraved "Speedline for Porsche" in the outer rim of the originals you really need to put the wheels side by side and look closely to spot the difference between the Tramonts and the Speedlines.

ilko 09-22-2013 02:59 PM

Rudy might want to chime in here. I think he had a set of Veloces and some of the plastic bolt lookalikes fell off. Then he couldn't find replacements. So with respect to Veloce, you get what you pay for.

mongrelcat 09-22-2013 04:28 PM

A familiar theme with Andy.

And Rottec sucks.

Pags993 09-22-2013 08:01 PM

Had no issues with Rottec whatsoever and ordered extra plastic bolts to keep as spares in case it happened after I dabbed a bit of silicone on each nut to keep them in place. 4000 k's and plenty of car washes, rough roads etc haven't lost one yet.

Personally didn't want to blow $5G's on wheels considering I only spent $27K on the actual car!

mongrelcat 09-22-2013 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Pags993 (Post 10778789)
Had no issues with Rottec whatsoever and ordered extra plastic bolts to keep as spares in case it happened after I dabbed a bit of silicone on each nut to keep them in place. 4000 k's and plenty of car washes, rough roads etc haven't lost one yet.

Sounds like a great place to be.

Originally Posted by Pags993 (Post 10778789)
Personally didn't want to blow $5G's on wheels considering I only spent $27K on the actual car!

YGWYPF

Pags993 09-22-2013 08:39 PM

Just full of compliments these last few weeks arent you Mongrelcat, do us all a favour and crawl back into your hole. :thumbsup: