Sponsored by:

Irvine C&C *Some content not Porsche*

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 11:51 AM
abarthguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 283 Likes on 173 Posts

"And to answer above, don't you So Cal guys always need to be somewhere else? "
Well, our trophy wives all demand another go around 9am........
;^)
Old 08-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I had to go to a wine tasting down on Shelter Island that afternoon, so it was just "all in a day".

I threw up some pics too, on a thread yesterday. Good to meet all!
Old 08-25-2013, 12:39 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Hughes
I had to go to a wine tasting down on Shelter Island that afternoon, so it was just "all in a day".

Yeah, but I think you stuck around for a while (even though I didn't get a chance to meet you). I'm just confused by the people who are leaving at 7:45am.

ANYWAY, fun morning. Cool cars. Was good to see old pals and meet some new ones. I may even try to do it again in a few weeks, maybe even get there before 8am this time!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:01 PM
UserA
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 82 Posts

Oh boy that was a nice Austin Healey.
Old 08-25-2013, 01:15 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by UserA
Oh boy that was a nice Austin Healey.
Yeah, it was!
Old 08-25-2013, 01:17 PM
nine9six
Banned

Ed,
Where did you park "Saphire"?
Enjoyed meeting you!
Old 08-25-2013, 04:20 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Yeah, but I think you stuck around for a while (even though I didn't get a chance to meet you). I'm just confused by the people who are leaving at 7:45am.

ANYWAY, fun morning. Cool cars. Was good to see old pals and meet some new ones. I may even try to do it again in a few weeks, maybe even get there before 8am this time!
We didn't leave until after 8:30, and went to have coffee and a bite at Corner Bakery.

Originally Posted by nine9six
Ed,
Where did you park "Saphire"?
Enjoyed meeting you!
Good meeting you too, I was parked on the other side of Speedy....

Here's a thought: those little plastic things that sit on the roof with numbers that dealers use in their service depts to mark cars. If we used something like that, that each could label with their RL names, we'd be able to ID cars.

It makes it tough with so many 993s showing at these events.
Old 08-25-2013, 07:41 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

We didn't leave until after 8:30, and went to have coffee and a bite at Corner Bakery.
I was part of the crew that came late to that too! It was just me and Jäger, Chad and Ryan. I think you guys packed it up as we were ordering. Man, I guess I have to stop being so offensive!
Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 PM
kjr914
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks to Ed for planning! And our RL993 celebs for making the trip!

That orange 73 wasn't a real RS. I talked to the owner.

The BMW powered rat rod was a big hit. TINY drivers seat area, I'd be driving with my knees in my chin. Quite strange to see a hotrod powered by the BMW powerplant.

Mike, I understand your question, where the heck ARE these people rushing off to at 745?!? Better question, why are they pouring into the lot at 6am!?!!? Do these people sleep???

I was talking to people and we RL'ers need name tags for ourselves as well as our cars! But your name tag would have to include your avatar name/pic along with real name, otherwise we STILL wouldn't know who we met!!!
Old 08-25-2013, 08:30 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gonzilla
I was part of the crew that came late to that too! It was just me and Jäger, Chad and Ryan. I think you guys packed it up as we were ordering. Man, I guess I have to stop being so offensive!
Well, we left there at 9:40, I said goodby to Jaeger as he was in line right inside the door-you must be who he came in with. Glad I didn't wait longer, as traffic was stacking up, taking an hour to get home. Got home at 10:40. Funny, that made it a 5 hour and 30 minute adventure at that point.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:51 PM
mcipseric
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
Eric,
Were you there? A group of guys from down south and SD area were there; were you among them?
I don't think I am the Eric you are referring to.

So bummed... I was in AZ for business and the Charger/Cards game Saturday night.

Looks like you guys had a great time! Sorry I missed everyone!

Eric
Old 08-26-2013, 01:33 PM
nine9six
Banned

Irvine C&C was a bit like a Twilight Zone episode for me...
Prior to pulling into the lot I see a red 993 speedster, and a black C2S pulled into this roundabout. I pull in, get out, and chat up the owner of the red speedster (thinking I need to get a better look at this car)

I say hi, this is my first time at this event, where do we go? The guy with the speedster says, we're waiting for a couple of pals who should be arriving in a minute; how bout we follow them?
Eventually, I find out this is our revered RL "Jager" in from Vegas, and of course he was piloting many a RLister's Object O' Lust; his wonderful 993 speedster rendition.
Jager, like all the rennlisters I met, was an unassuming class act of a guy.

+ On the idea of RL name tags...It could be as simple as a sheet of labels and a felt-tip pen, that we stick on our shirts. Names and RL screen names, would certainly help my memory. What a great bunch o' guys.

Unfortunately, I didnt get to meet Joanne...She was surrounded by an entourage of paparazzi, so it was difficult to say hi, or secure an autograph.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:40 PM
nine9six
Banned

Originally Posted by mcipseric
I don't think I am the Eric you are referring to.

So bummed... I was in AZ for business and the Charger/Cards game Saturday night.

Looks like you guys had a great time! Sorry I missed everyone!

Eric
I was actually directing my question to Eric Hanauer, but all local RL Eric's should feel free to reply. Hopefully, we'll get to meet up soon...

As I recall, there was no one there to represent a speed yellow 993; so your presence should be mandatory!
Old 08-26-2013, 02:04 PM
C4SJOHN
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

It was nice to see and talk with the SoCal 993 team again....
Old 08-26-2013, 03:40 PM
mgianzero
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

It was great to see the usual RL folks there and others that don't come out so often. (Sorry Mike that I missed you). I left around 8:15. I should have stayed but got a jump on weekend to-do list.

We should make a point of also meeting for breakfast afterwards when we do these meets. You never seem to catch everyone when we're all looking at everyone else's car. (Heck, I didn't see Paul for about 2 hours).

Next meet up is 9/7. Let's plan on grabbing breakfast for all those who can. Especially since they are now limiting food for sale to mostly doughnuts and coffee.

Quick Reply: Irvine C&C *Some content not Porsche*