Sponsored by:

Throttle Position Sensor Values

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:42 AM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Throttle Position Sensor Values

I was having my airbag light reset a few weeks ago, and I had the tech take a look at the TPS values while he was plugged in since I recently adjusted the pedal linkage. With the throttle pedal fully depressed I was only getting 83% throttle position. When I manually opened the throttle body in the engine bay the max value was 85%. Is this normal? It seems strange that the throttle position value is not at 100% even when manually opened. Any suggestions?
Old 07-24-2013, 10:43 AM
d ward
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes that's about right,I'm sure the Manual states about 85 % +or- 2 so your about right.
If you want to adjust it there is an ajuster under the pedal board and one under the cover at the back of the transmission tunnel next the the gearbox bell housing
Old 07-24-2013, 10:58 AM
geolab
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 125 Posts

It is curious the mechanic did not explain this or that he found it strange (if he did)
TPS values are not degree or percent dependent. The values are degrees and percents dependent.
The TPS role is to measure only 3 positions, and gestures.
Closed, mid-pedal and WOT
I think your figures are degrees and not percentage, and that is 100% normal.
Closed, TPS reads 10 degrees, or yours should read 7 , plus the 83 you read for the 90* total.
Old 07-24-2013, 12:58 PM
jstyer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys, that makes sense. The tech that I took the car to is not a Porsche tech, he's just a guy in town who has a Bosch Hammer at his imports shop. Therefore he didn't really comment on the values.

Quick Reply: Throttle Position Sensor Values