seized monoballs replaced, alignment done

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 12:33 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 868 Likes on 573 Posts

Originally Posted by Magdaddy
j

just got my truck back today...alignment hell since early June. It took four, yes FOUR different alignments by two different shops, and three different "mechanics" before it didn't pull, and the wheel was centered.

Next mtb won't be a Specialized, and maybe won't have any Fox stuff on it either-not that any other major manufacturer is any better at providing out of warranty parts for their products.

anyway, mechanical rant off.
Glad to hear that the alignment is sorted.

Maybe a vintage Wicked Fat Chance instead of mega-produced specialized?

Craig
Old 08-08-2013, 05:56 PM
Magdaddy
Rennlist Member

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

I've been going back and forth with Joel Reiser comparing the recent alignment specs(with the fancy machine), vs the hubstand alignment he did years ago. The car has just had a kinda loose, numb on center feel, and not real crisp. The most recent alignment has slightly less front camber, but significantly less rear total toe...was 30, now 20. Joel tells me 30 is the new Porsche spec for the rear, and that should add some stability back.

Simply amazing how much of a crap shoot alignments are with the "fancy" machines...never read the same numbers twice. Man I gotta find a place to do another hubstand alignment...

Anyway, back to 30 total rear toe, steering feels "weighted" now on center, no longer loose feeling, more confidence inspiring on initial turn in. Now, if I can just get my grubby little hands on that tie rod pinning jig.

Also, just got some 5mm spacers from our friends at FD Motorsports...gonna throw em on this weekend.

Quick Reply: seized monoballs replaced, alignment done