Sponsored by:

FRAUD ALERT!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:44 PM
mrsystems
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation FRAUD ALERT!!

I received a response to my posting looking for a 993 which I'll post below. I knew immediately it was fake but its the first time I've seen such a scam wherein the scammer knows how to read and write english which makes him a touch more dangerous than the rest. I was curious what he'd say next so I responded saying I was very interested, see below. Maybe the worst part is his using being in our military as his cover, what a *#@*! He even attached a series of photos of what looks like a perfect C4S and a Carfax with a VIN! If anyone wants to see the Carfax or rest of the photos (including option sticker) shoot me a message with your email. It made me laugh and I figured it might some of you but the truth is people like this need to be behind bars IMHO.

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in my car. This is a 1997 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S.
The car has a clear title, no lien, never been involved in an accident. Runs and drives excellent. It has been extremely well maintained with a full service history! Transmission shifts smoothly.
It has no leaks or drips and does not smoke at all, slightly used in 100% working and looking conditions with a clear title free of encumbrances and liens.
I have dropped my price to $20,000 since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before August 5th, when I will be deployed in Afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home. If you are really interested, please e-mail me back.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Maj. Louis Beal

then he writes...

Hi again,
You can see all that info in the carfax I attached to this email, also I attached pictures. Right now I am at the military base getting ready for Afghanistan. The car is already at the shipping company sealed and ready for the shipping. I prearranged the deal with eBay. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive at your address in 3 days. You will have 5 days to test it and inspect the car and if by any reason you find something you don't like about it you can send it back at my expense.
If you are interested in starting the procedure, I'll forward your information to eBay and they'll send you an invoice with all the information that you need to complete this deal and you will also have proof that I am covered by them and a legitimate seller.
If you would like to receive the email from eBay with the invoice with all the transaction information please reply with your full name,full address and ph# and they will contact you.If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thank you!
Maj. Louis Beal

Nice touch about having Ebay contact me and having 5 days to inspect and return the car if i'm not happy, oh man what a whopper!!

Pastel Yellow C4S 34K miles for $20K wooohoooo
Attached Images  

Last edited by mrsystems; 07-22-2013 at 09:58 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Beautiful car...I'll take two at that price
Old 07-21-2013, 08:57 PM
deekay911
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

I bid on a SY coupe on ebay a couple of weeks ago, and shortly afterwards the 'seller' contacts me and says he'll take $18,000 for the '97 SY coupe with 57k miles, including shipping to me. The deal will be done through the ebay motors checkout process. I asked him for a phone number and never heard another thing.
Of course the link he was going to send me to do the checkout would have looked like eBay but would have been a direct drop into his bank account.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:57 PM
ehanauer
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

If it sounds too good to be true...
Old 07-22-2013, 12:50 AM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 404 Likes on 122 Posts

Just last month I sent $25k to the nephew of a deposed Nigerian prince. It is going to the attorneys so they can send me $65,000,000 from his estate to avoid probate and civil war....

For those of you who say scam, your just jaded. It was all done through eBay and he "promised" the money would come, can't wait to be rich, the single wide has gotten so cramped lately!

I am going to take the $$$ and buy every rare 993 so I can drive prices through the stratosphere... After that I am going to buy some oceanfront property in Arizona....
Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 AM
FlatSix911
Nordschleife Master

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

A Major never deploys with a platoon ... just a lieutenant

I need to sell it before August 5th, when I will be deployed in Afghanistan with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
If you are really interested, please e-mail me back. Hope to hear from you soon!
Maj. Louis Beal
Old 07-22-2013, 10:04 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

His English isn't that good. I would not have been fooled.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:26 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Welcome to interwebz. You see words "car is already at..." - don't even post it on Rennlist. Especially with exclamation marks. We already know
Old 07-22-2013, 09:12 PM
aarrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's been a little over 2 weeks since I sent payment. Should I open a transaction resolution, or am I being impatient?

BTW, it looks like we'll have matching cars after this!! Woot!!
Old 07-22-2013, 09:46 PM
Knight
Drifting

Received 74 Likes on 42 Posts

Prob one of the hardest colors to photograph Pastel Yellow and this guy gets one of the best pics of it too.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 AM
AKTUNG
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FlatSix911
A Major never deploys with a platoon ... just a lieutenant
Correct. And impersonating an officer is a felony.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:37 PM
krispybun
1st Gear

Thank you for posting this. Without seeing this I would never had known he is a fraud. At least everyone here was looking at nice sports cars. Mine would have been a Honda CRV. I Emailed Louis Beal back a few choice words and am sure I will not be hearing from him again. I wish there was a way he could get caught!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:56 PM
AOW162435
Seared
Rennlist Member

Received 415 Likes on 233 Posts

It would be nice to wave a magic wand and send all Internet scammers straight to the depths of Hell.

Andreas
Old 08-06-2013, 12:13 AM
Monkey Brain
Advanced

I got an email from "LocalSluts". Said they'd give me free access.

...thinking about it.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:42 AM
nile13
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by krispybun
Thank you for posting this. Without seeing this I would never had known he is a fraud. At least everyone here was looking at nice sports cars. Mine would have been a Honda CRV. I Emailed Louis Beal back a few choice words and am sure I will not be hearing from him again. I wish there was a way he could get caught!
You will, absolutely, be hearing from his barrister. They will be requiring a small deposit to release the $65,000,000 to you from a prince in his municipality.

Last edited by nile13; 08-06-2013 at 02:21 AM.

Quick Reply: FRAUD ALERT!!