Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Springs question/ M033 vs. H/R

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 02:54 AM
Duggie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regarding the top mounts, the fronts do not wear as much as the rear, which lm guessing, is mainly down to the heat from the engine drying the rubber out over time, coupled with the weight of the engine. The rear rubbers on mine were split and long past their best, so I would definitely change the rears, they are also a little awkward to get to, so like you say 'while you're in there' they're worth doing. The fronts if anything like mine, you could keep using and save yourself a few $$.

The rear control arms probably won't need changing, l've read a few stories of changing the bushes over to Elephant ones, this seems to be out of choice and not for any wear issues, the stock ones on yours should still be ok. Definitely check the rear wishbone balljoint, mine had slight play so needed to be changed.

Also check the anti roll bar bushes back and front, if these haven't been changed for awhile, they're worth doing, sizes for these are quite similar so double check which ones you need.
As mentioned in a previous reply, change the front wishbone bushes, this will be the hardest part of the job...if you're doing it yourself.
Old 07-22-2013, 07:55 PM
wolf76
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone. I ordered the M033 springs and Walrod bushings (sp) today from FD. Darin was great and they will ship out tomorrow. I will follow up and let you know my impressions once everything is installed.
Thanks,
Chris

Quick Reply: Springs question/ M033 vs. H/R