Need some guidance, interior removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Vq-1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some guidance, interior removal

Morning,
Just need some guidance on how to remove the driver side interior floor carpeting/padding. Need to remove mine for repair or replacement.

Last edited by Vq-1; 11-20-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:51 PM
993KT
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The carpet on the tunnel and door seal are glued on to the edge of the padding. You can use a heat gun or hairdrier to help with glue. Just go at it slowly. It's not the easiest thing to do.

The padding itself is not glued to the floor so you can take it out quite easily. The bottom of the padding is modeled to the shape of the floor to clear all the channels for wiring harnesses, so you can't just put normal foam back in. Take a look to see where you can get the original Porsche padding. They might be expensive. Too bad I threw mine away, not thinking someone might want that.

Looks like you want to fix the part where you right heel is? Maybe consider cutting out a section of the padding and replace it with some high density foam. Might be easier than trying to remove the whole padding. You can also just get an aluminum floor mat from Rennline to go on top of that padding.
Old 07-19-2013, 09:29 PM
Vq-1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, great advice!

Quick Reply: Need some guidance, interior removal