Sponsored by:

993 is gone, but I'm sticking around

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 08:29 PM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 993 is gone, but I'm sticking around

As the title says, sold the '97 TT. It is a great car, but was getting the least amount of street time in relation to the other P-cars. Since I don't consider myself a collector of inanimate objects, off it goes. Will I regret selling? Possibly. But, it's best to live in the present and presently I am on the hunt for a 1950-51 Vincent Black Shadow.

My time on the two 993 boards has been passive, but has provided both great entertainment and useful tips to me. To the legions of posters (both technicians and entertainers), may I say thank you. Because of you, I plan to continue as an active viewer.

Since a thread is worthless without pics (I recall reading that somewhere), here is a couple. First one is the TT before heading out for the last time sitting next to my original paint '67S. Next pic is my '68S, which came in 2nd at Daytona during the SCCA championship in late '67. If you happen to walk around Carmel next month during the street concours, I & it will be there. Would enjoy making your intro.

Thank you again Rennlist for 2+ years. A satisfied consumer, John
Attached Images   
Old 07-16-2013, 08:30 PM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Postscript - apologies for the size of the pics. I never figured out how to right size for posting purposes.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:11 PM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
But, it's best to live in the present and presently I am on the hunt for a 1950-51 Vincent Black Shadow.
OMG. You're excused for the sale of the TT.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pics on here when/if you find one. Good luck in your search!
Old 07-16-2013, 09:59 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 616 Likes on 390 Posts

Beautiful garage and a nice group of cars you have there. I suspect someday you will be back in a 993...
Old 07-17-2013, 11:14 AM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Will do, but I see a Melvillian search ahead. These bikes make the 993TTS as common as a Prius in the parking area at The Burning Man.

But what a bike.......

Originally Posted by gonzilla
Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
But, it's best to live in the present and presently I am on the hunt for a 1950-51 Vincent Black Shadow.
OMG. You're excused for the sale of the TT.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pics on here when/if you find one. Good luck in your search!
Old 07-17-2013, 11:44 AM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fabulous looking early cars, and I like the wood finish in the garage. Good luck with your search.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM
gr1275
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the '68 at Parade this year?

Gary
Old 07-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Originally Posted by Paul902
Fabulous looking early cars, and I like the wood finish in the garage. Good luck with your search.
Thank you.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Originally Posted by gr1275
Was the '68 at Parade this year?

Gary
Timing did not work out this year. Looking at various online pics, the turnout of participants looked impressive.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:29 PM
samsnead
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want your garage!

Cars are also nice.
Old 07-17-2013, 02:56 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Amazing group of cars. I have yo say your garage area looks superb, would love to see a few more photos when you get a chance
Old 07-17-2013, 03:32 PM
CAHRERA
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Sweeeet!
Attached Images   
Old 07-17-2013, 05:05 PM
GlengarryGR
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

John, recall the old line..."if you catch a butterfly, let it go..."...just think of the goodwill you created when the new owner took delivery of your 993. He/she is a very happy Homo sapien right now, thanks to your generous decision to sell. I'd guess someone at The Burning Man would summarize your 993 sale this way; "...And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make". Not that the Beatles were known for self-reliance, but certainly they were artist and defined the notion of self-expression.

Having said that useless string of thoughts, I've been an auto finance wizard (I'm a middle-aged boring banker) for 31 years. I have a few international clients. I believe I may have located a bike ("the bike") for you in France. And I don't put myself in the middle of any car sales commissions (I'm the finance guy) so if this bike is indeed available for purchase I will simply give you the seller's name. I will know by tomorrow. You can google tacticalautotraining.com for my contact info.
Chas in DC

PS: Since you kept the notion alive that any good post should have a pic, I've attached a photo of my handy woodwork; I love yours. Yours is on the wall, mine the floor. 7 coats of polyurethane to retard stains/marks. That Cayman S was sold to fund my 993 C4 and a Beretta White Onyx Sporting. I probably should start a new thread about how fun (and inexpensive) it is to build a nice man cave!
Attached Images    
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 PM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Sam / ECS / Cahrera - Thank you for the compliments. The garages' interiors had been eating at me for some time; they had the tired look of a 1970's vintage single wide. Spending time in them doing tinkering on the rides actually put me in a foul mood.

First pic is the north garage before the remodel. Second is same garage (different angle than prior post). Third pic is south garage after remodel; no pic of it in prior state because it looked like Max Yasgur's farm the day after the "Age of Aquarius".

Again, apologies if the pic sizes are a bit overt. John
Attached Images    
Old 07-17-2013, 09:13 PM
Jabberwocky
Instructor

Originally Posted by GlengarryGR
John, recall the old line..."if you catch a butterfly, let it go..."...just think of the goodwill you created when the new owner took delivery of your 993. He/she is a very happy Homo sapien right now, thanks to your generous decision to sell. I'd guess someone at The Burning Man would summarize your 993 sale this way; "...And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make". Not that the Beatles were known for self-reliance, but certainly they were artist and defined the notion of self-expression.

Having said that useless string of thoughts, I've been an auto finance wizard (I'm a middle-aged boring banker) for 31 years. I have a few international clients. I believe I may have located a bike ("the bike") for you in France. And I don't put myself in the middle of any car sales commissions (I'm the finance guy) so if this bike is indeed available for purchase I will simply give you the seller's name. I will know by tomorrow. You can google tacticalautotraining.com for my contact info.
Chas in DC

PS: Since you kept the notion alive that any good post should have a pic, I've attached a photo of my handy woodwork; I love yours. Yours is on the wall, mine the floor. 7 coats of polyurethane to retard stains/marks. That Cayman S was sold to fund my 993 C4 and a Beretta White Onyx Sporting. I probably should start a new thread about how fun (and inexpensive) it is to build a nice man cave!
Glengarry -

First off, GREAT username. One of the all-time great movies / stage productions. I could keep an entire thread going just with quotes from it. Such as....

"A-I-D-A. Attention, Interest, Decision, Action. Attention - Do I have you attention? Interest - Are you interested? I know you are, because it's **** or walk. You close or you hit the bricks. Decision - Have you made your decision for Christ? And Action."

Secondly, many thanks for the potential French Connection. Looking at your stable of horses, I think you can appreciate what an amazing bike it would be to own. Rode one once for a few minutes at <60mph, fantastic sound, hooked. BTW - hat tip to your Duc 796.....very nice. The one lead I had vaporized, leaving the Gooding auction next month at Pebble Beach as my next/only current play.

Lastly, great looking garage. Really like the lockers you have there. Can I ask what brand? J

Quick Reply: 993 is gone, but I'm sticking around