Sponsored by:

Autotrader find

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 08:15 PM
holsen12
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys -

That dealer can't tell a 4S from a regular narrow body. I looked at it an thought that looks like a 4S, and just for fun pasted the VIN into Google, and guess what ? It's a 4S !

Dissapointed in you RL'ers !!!

At that price it's a good deal, but the mods (like the cold air intake, missing blower, busted wiper-speed **** and trashed seat) probably means the PO drove it very hard but didn't have the money to keep the car well sorted. So PPI for sure.

Otherwise it's short money for a 4S.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:26 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by holsen12
Guys -

That dealer can't tell a 4S from a regular narrow body. I looked at it an thought that looks like a 4S, and just for fun pasted the VIN into Google, and guess what ? It's a 4S !

At that price it's a good deal, but the mods (like the cold air intake, missing blower, busted wiper-speed **** and trashed seat) probably means the PO drove it very hard but didn't have the money to keep the car well sorted. So PPI for sure.

dont look like a WB to me...if the VIN is saying it is...might be wrong VIN.

VIN is a match for what is under the hood...not sure what google search you used but I did not see anything come back saying this is a C4S.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 PM
MielsOnWheels
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/img_po...1&photoIndex=2

Here's a Turbo at the same dealership...looks decent,but for the SUV ride height, but who knows with only 3 pics?
Old 07-07-2013, 08:39 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

the white is beautiful.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:22 PM
cmd4
Pro

I thought it potentially was a WB too.Would be shocked if it actually is especially since the owner is very knowledgable....kinda surprising since his adds suck.Honestly though i've talked with him several times and strikes me as the kinda gut that dabbles in selling but really all the cars are his personal collection and the dealership is his past time(Porsches....sells alot of other makes for bread and butter) and gives him something to do.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:49 PM
boman993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by holsen12
Guys -

This car is not a widebody. Either the photos are of the wrong car or the VIN isn't listed correctly.

Here is the easiest way to tell the two body styles apart:

Narrow body:

Wide body:

Old 07-07-2013, 09:52 PM
swesna
Burning Brakes

exactly...even my wife identified it as a NB.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,392 Likes on 808 Posts

wow, those exhaust tips fit great
Old 07-07-2013, 10:26 PM
holsen12
Advanced

Not sure if all 'S' bodies came with side skirts ( or aero kits) ... So Borman may be right (love your vid's BTW) If all 'S' bodies came with side skirts, then it's a narrow body.

But those hips look way too familiar to me as well as the clearance of the rim to rear fender edge. The tail is clearly aftermarket which suggests the PO bolted the front bumper cover and rear treatment on afterwards and possibly didn't do the side skirts. (poor decision) Motor and seat condiditon suggest a low budget PO... so adding an alu handbrake and big reds seem out of character with the rest of the mods, suggesting they're stock items, which means an 'S'. Still looks like a wide body to me...

Here's the listed VIN: WP0AA2991TS322587

I double checked the 'free VIN look up site', and just noticed it lists all 3 NA variant's, the last one being 4S which I picked up on... my mistake.

BUT... there's a shot of the rear fenders on the sellers site which look like a widebody to me (god knows how many times I've polished those hips on mine ;-)

But I may be wrong... might be a trick of the shot or angle... What helped me along though were the Big Red brakes....
Old 07-08-2013, 04:13 AM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 1,035 Likes on 465 Posts

The car IS NOT a wide body.

Quick Reply: Autotrader find