Sponsored by:

First Porsche a 993 !

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013 | 10:23 PM
stace
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RocketJohn
Congrats on the 993...

Change out the rear fender protectors to clear, remove the red decals, add some clear corners up front, mount the license plate in the center and then have a shop do a proper corner balance once you put some PSS10s at RS height on that beauty.

That's what we call the slippery slope...

How many miles?

What options does it have?

Enjoy!
Just guessing here but is the lic plate mounted in the tow hook receiver? That might explain the location. Pretty clean approach actually. Congrats on the new car! Enjoy!!!
Old 06-05-2013 | 08:20 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

"Welcome to the party pal"
Rich
Old 06-05-2013 | 10:11 AM
willus
Instructor

Same story here -- pulled the trigger last November. FWIW, I like the black stoneguards.
Old 06-05-2013 | 10:37 AM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Welcome to Rennlist and congrats on getting a 993! You'll not be disappointed with anything about these cars. Safe motoring!
Old 06-05-2013 | 11:20 AM
lopro
Banned

hey welcome to THE place
Old 06-05-2013 | 11:37 AM
arr0gant
Drifting

Hey Tony, Welcome! .. and congrats! Your 993 is a real beauty. Tell us more about it.
Also, give us details about your buying experience - a nice long writeup. What have you owned in the past? Tell us more about you. Where do you live etc..

What year is it?
How many miles does it have.
What are the options?
Give us some interior pics!!

My opinion. Lose the decals but the 993 one is pretty cool. I vote for no license plate up front. Clear markers! I'm in the market for some too, just don't wanna spend $200 to do it.

Love your wheels, wonder if they're hollow. Not a big deal if they're not.

Looking FORWRD to more info!!!
Old 06-05-2013 | 12:01 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning
Welcome and congrats on your purchase So did you do a trade ? How many miles on the clock ?
I bought it outright, it has 85k miles ...

Originally Posted by RocketJohn
Congrats on the 993...

Thanks !!

Change out the rear fender protectors to clear, remove the red decals, add some clear corners up front, mount the license plate in the center and then have a shop do a proper corner balance once you put some PSS10s at RS height on that beauty.

That's what we call the slippery slope...

How many miles?

What options does it have?

Enjoy!
I kinda like the red mobil pegassus, easy to take off, I'll see in a few days usually I like things cleaner, we'll see... what are PSS10s ? bilsteins ?
it has 85k miles and is in great shape overall. the previous owner was really meticulous...

It has: front strut brace, very nicely done, RS flywheel, turbo wheels as you can see, chrome tips and Factory sound package, brand new Y michelins new break pads for track, I think that's it....

Originally Posted by boman993
Nice car!! Congrats! Agreed with the other guys; the black stoneguards and
decals gotta go!
thanks! will consider ... what about red calipers ?
Old 06-05-2013 | 12:04 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Originally Posted by jwduncan
Congrats Tony. Enjoy, they create lots of smiles!
Originally Posted by pp000830
Congrats!
Originally Posted by ble2011
Congrats and nice car. Keep in mind, if you think you love the car now, wait a few years - they really grow on you!
Thanks Guys !
Old 06-05-2013 | 12:17 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by willus
Same story here -- pulled the trigger last November. FWIW, I like the black stoneguards.
I'm kinda with willus. While the stoneguards change the look, they add a sorta retro look. I'd leave 'em on for a while.
Old 06-05-2013 | 01:10 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Originally Posted by stace
Just guessing here but is the lic plate mounted in the tow hook receiver? That might explain the location. Pretty clean approach actually. Congrats on the new car! Enjoy!!!

Yes I've had them before, they go in the tow hook. I will actually take it off, you just keep it in the trunk with the plate in case they stop you, then you just screw it on in front of the oficer and you're good to go, pretty cool no ?
Old 06-05-2013 | 01:23 PM
arr0gant
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tony_KB
Yes I've had them before, they go in the tow hook. I will actually take it off, you just keep it in the trunk with the plate in case they stop you, then you just screw it on in front of the oficer and you're good to go, pretty cool no ?
YES, VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!

That way if you're going on a long trip, OR if you're out on the town and have a few you and don't wanna be messed with by the 5.0 u can put it on!! ..and you DONT have to drill into the bumper!

Where do I get one??
Old 06-05-2013 | 04:09 PM
H.H.Chinn
Drifting

The Mobil Pegasus decals should be relocated to the rear side windows if you like them and ditch the spark plugs. Otherwise beautiful car, great choice in the fastest of the Porsche colors. Look into lower ride height and some Fister exhaust cans. Congratulations and Welcome!
Old 06-05-2013 | 04:28 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Originally Posted by H.H.Chinn
The Mobil Pegasus decals should be relocated to the rear side windows if you like them and ditch the spark plugs. Otherwise beautiful car, great choice in the fastest of the Porsche colors. Look into lower ride height and some Fister exhaust cans. Congratulations and Welcome!
The only decals that are on right now are the red pegasus, all others were static cling no longer there... Fister exhaust cans you say? Are they just for looks?
Old 06-05-2013 | 04:30 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Originally Posted by arr0gant

YES, VERY COOL!!!!!!!!!!

That way if you're going on a long trip, OR if you're out on the town and have a few you and don't wanna be messed with by the 5.0 u can put it on!! ..and you DONT have to drill into the bumper!

Where do I get one??
Here:

http://gominigo.com/Porsche.html
Old 06-05-2013 | 06:33 PM
Tony_KB
Advanced

Originally Posted by arr0gant
Hey Tony, Welcome! .. and congrats! Your 993 is a real beauty. Tell us more about it.
Also, give us details about your buying experience - a nice long writeup. What have you owned in the past? Tell us more about you. Where do you live etc..

What year is it?
How many miles does it have.
What are the options?
Give us some interior pics!!

My opinion. Lose the decals but the 993 one is pretty cool. I vote for no license plate up front. Clear markers! I'm in the market for some too, just don't wanna spend $200 to do it.

Love your wheels, wonder if they're hollow. Not a big deal if they're not.

Looking FORWRD to more info!!!

Well it all started back in high school, I was 17, the 959 came out, lights out! the 993 was like its child, I dreamt about it , obsessed about it, read about it, you know ... so as much as i like all exotics and read about them like ferraris, etc I think I have been more drawn to german technology, (except bikes love Ducati, lots of soul) anyhow, went on vacation with the wife with a copy of road and track with the 911 50th anniversary. That really got me going and at first I thought i wanted a dedicated track car maybe an SC or a later carrera so I started looking.

The idea of a project/hobby car was pretty appealing so I scrubbed the usual places , PCA mart, e-bay craigs etc, must've looked at 1000 cars, I thought I would pay my dues to the brand by starting at the raw level, no traction control no abs and work my way up learning the ropes on mechanics, dynamics etc.
So when I saw this 993 the difference between what an SC or carrera plus fixing it would cost me, was not much, maybe even money, so I thought, this was a better fit. A great looking car owned by someone who really took care of it, that I could sometimes take to a track day (PCA DE) and still be able to take it out for a spin around town and enjoy it, take the wife and the kids, and most of all, this was the car that haunted me since the 90's so, it hadn't been out on the auction for two days, I read the description looked at the pictures and the mods and something clicked, I knew this was the one.
I called the owner, spoke to him over 20 minutes and I knew it right there, he was the third owner, which had it for 40k of its total 85k miles, all service records, no accidents etc. The way he spoke about it with passion was all I needed, we ended the auction wired the money and a week later it got here, the process was as good as I've ever had, the owner a really cool, polite, classy member of the PCA, sent me everything: books keys, records etc. He even sent me a Porsche pedal car for my kids. He got the car ready for minor track use leaving the rideability of a street car. He changed tires, break pads, put in a strut brace on the front, RS flywheel, factory sound package and a few other things. I was very pleased with the transaction, more so with my first drives, the car is in really good shape overall, the feeling of driving it is amazing, great torque, feels nimble and responsive, great feedback on the hands and the sound, well, I could hear that all day long and then, I go to the garage and look at it.

Quick Reply: First Porsche a 993 !