Notices

Bonnet - hood - trunk light is not working - Not So Simple

Old 05-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Alfa40
User

Originally Posted by hoggel View Post
The light in the luggage compartment is not controlled directly by the switch in the latch. The front latch switch is logic to the Alarm Control Unit. The alarm control unit turns on the "inside light" circuit by applying a ground to the luggage compartment light and the inside lights (in the 'automatic') position. The ground for the switch on the luggage compartment lock is on the passenger wheel housing right.[/CORRECTION]
There is no power on my luggage compartment light (tested this with a voltmeter), but my front latch switch seems to be working, as opening the frunk turns on the interior lights. Any tips on where and how I should investigate to find why there's no power arriving at the frunk light?
Old 05-07-2018, 08:28 PM
nine9six
Addict
Rennlist Member

Check point-to-point connectivity on the wires running to the frunk light.
I found chafed wires which caused a non-working immobilizer light in the clock, and of course prevented successful programming of a new key fob.
Problem solved for me with rectifying the chafed wire.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:23 PM
Alfa40
User

Correction: There is power to the positive side of the light, but The ground seems to be the problem.

I tested the ground and noticed that power goes down to 0.5V when using the voltiertet instead of the bulb. As soon as I move the negative lead of the voltimeter to te strut bar, it shows 12V again.

I cleaned the connector but that did not help. Unfortunately, the wires disappear into a harness that goes into the firewall and are very hard to trace without cutting up the harness. Where does the ground go? And if that isn’t the culprit, what’s the easiest way to find out of the ground wire is chafed somewhere? Any common place that would happen?

thanks!

Old 08-14-2018, 03:26 PM
nine9six
Addict
Rennlist Member

Again, point to point connectivity of the ground wire from the light, to where it exits the hood.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bonnet - hood - trunk light is not working - Not So Simple

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: