993 Forum 1995-1998

FD Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 09:42 PM
Ed Hughes
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by pstraub
Yes, I am all for personal preference, but he said he bought Fabspeed because he was told they will sound better. It's not a "personal preference" unless he has heard them himself. Oh well
No doubt there is a huge consensus that the Fisters are an aural thing of beauty.

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
Since we're discussing FDM products...looking for feedback on Stage IIs with MS mufflers or 200 Cell Cat with MS mufflers with respect to drone and dB difference compared to MS and stock cat? I'm trying to decide whether to go the Cat or Stage II route for my exhaust upgrade - not interested in doing both and I know cost is quite different. Any feedback always helpful!
You cannot mix Fister II's and MS mufflers. You get one or the other. Fisters are mufflers, not cats. They are or were offering a cat, however.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 PM
chefc4s
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fabspeeds

Originally Posted by SOS
To some, a fabspeed exhaust sounds better to them than a fister and they are not wrong. It's called personal preference.

Question though, can I send a set of fabspeed muffs to FD and "stage 2" it? Or does it have to be the stock muffs?
I have a set of fabspeeds and Darin said stage III is all he can do on those cans.
That's what I'm going with.
Kevin
Old 05-15-2013, 10:33 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi,
Thank you for contacting FD Mototsports, however currently no one is available to take your call this week due to current commitments at Mazda Intl Raceway. However if after the tone, you leave a name and contact info we will be sure to return your call next week.

There now, was that to difficult or unusual for an exemplary outfit such as FD Motorsports?

Last edited by nine9six; 05-16-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 PM
il pirata
Banned

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by nine9six
Hi,
Thank you for contacting FD Mototsports, however currently no one is available to take your call this week due to current commitments at Mazda Intl Raceway. However if after the tone, you leave a name and contact info we will be sure to return your call next week.

There now, was that to difficult or unusual for an exemplary outfit such as FD Motorsports?
fixed.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:29 AM
fullbooker
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darin and Mark at FD Motorsports are the BEST!!! I'm sure that they will make you happy as soon as they are available. They worked with me on my mufflers and I couldn't be happier! Ship your mufflers to them and they will call/email to discuss your
Old 05-16-2013, 01:43 AM
Opo
Nordschleife Master

Received 207 Likes on 76 Posts

FD motors rocks, not only have I bought a bunch of stage III's mufflers from them, but also tips, mats and even a set of wheels, Darin is a very helpful guy, like everyone else says, they will get back to you and get you your mufflers
Old 05-16-2013, 01:46 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
they are worth the wait
welcome to planet Drone.
I currently have the Fabspeed and would give my left nut for a set of Fisters.
Go with the IIIs and also the Golden Rod/SSK combo. Trust me Tom.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:14 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Go with the IIIs and also the Golden Rod/SSK combo. Trust me Tom.
im convinced!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:40 AM
Mister C
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jg291446
Same here, I tried to get a quote on their website... no answer. I called and they told me to send an email, which I did but never got an answer back. Finally, I bought a used fabspeed which will sound better as far as I've been told... looking forward to install it!
Aural pleasure varies from person to person. I had the fabspeed maxflos. Nice looking cans but too quiet for me.

welcome to planet Drone.
I currently have the Fabspeed and would give my left nut for a set of Fisters.
Keep your left nut. Just send Darin your Fabspeed and some money and he can transform them into Stage IIIs. That is what I did and am very pleased with the result. At the track this past weekend I had many compliments on the sound. My instructor referred to the sound as "bad ***". IMHO there was only one car that sounded better--a Ferrari 458.

Originally Posted by SOS
To some, a fabspeed exhaust sounds better to them than a fister and they are not wrong. It's called personal preference.

Question though, can I send a set of fabspeed muffs to FD and "stage 2" it? Or does it have to be the stock muffs?
FD can only do Stage III for fabspeed cans.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 AM
certz
Three Wheelin'

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I have the Fabspeed Supercups on the C2 and the Fister Stage III's on the C2S. I like them both but if I were to do it again they would both have Stage III's. I have offered in the past to anyone in the Chicago area or passing through if they want to hear both just send me a PM and stop by.

I am on the waiting list for the SSK/GR on the C2 (which is my car). I told the wife I would be the ginny pig
Old 05-16-2013, 12:50 PM
hkspwrsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by VA993Dreamer
Since we're discussing FDM products...looking for feedback on Stage IIs with MS mufflers or 200 Cell Cat with MS mufflers with respect to drone and dB difference compared to MS and stock cat? I'm trying to decide whether to go the Cat or Stage II route for my exhaust upgrade - not interested in doing both and I know cost is quite different. Any feedback always helpful!
You already know my opinion so hopefully someone else will chime in. I prefer to get rid of the nearly 20 year old cat and cut down the heat on my air cooled engine. I wouldnt go F III with the high flow cat. What did you think of the motor sound package with the x pipe? Plus you get actual HP and reduced heat then see if you need more sound with fister II.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:55 PM
hkspwrsche
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like stealth has the high flow cat and fIIs maybe he can post a vid?

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-foru...r-993-a-2.html
Old 05-16-2013, 02:54 PM
FD Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 89 Likes on 26 Posts

I want to apologize to anyone that I haven't responded to in a timely manner. The shop is absolutely crazy busy. While working on cars, building FD stuff, and shipping and receiving all other parts orders, I get upwards of 100 emails a day as well as 20+ phone calls.
While this is a good problem to have, I am spread pretty thin and sometimes don't get around to responding very quickly. Sorry about that guys....FD is experiencing some major growing pains.
On a good note I will have my son working at the shop this summer (he is graduating from college, business/accounting major,) so that will be a big help.
Thanks everyone for their patience!
Darin
Old 05-16-2013, 03:10 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by FD Motorsports
On a good note I will have my son working at the shop this summer (he is graduating from college, business/accounting major,) so that will be a big help.
Thanks everyone for their patience!
Darin
Dangit, that's nepotism right there man, .... ! I wanted that job ...
Old 05-16-2013, 03:15 PM
timothymoffat
Rennlist Member

Received 979 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by JPP
Dangit, that's nepotism right there man, .... ! I wanted that job ...
I know huh?

I was hoping for the one week on/one week off rotation with flights home on the FDM corporate jet. I guess listing beer drinking under qualifications wasn't such a great idea.

Nice to hear business is good Darin.

Quick Reply: FD Motorsports