WTB Child Seat

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:31 AM
KM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default WTB Child Seat

Hello all. I'm searching for a child seat like the one in this thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...ster-seat.html

I've found this to be the best fit in the back seat of my 993. I was fortunate to meet a great rennlister last year who sold me one and it has worked great for my daughter. (she loves her "race car seat"). Now its time for her younger brother to graduate to a booster so I'm in need of a second.

I've tried several others which I've seen mentioned in the various child seat threads but none have fit our narrow rear seats as well as this one.

I'm aware of the one currently listed on ebay but was hoping to find somone willing to part with thiers at a more reasonable price point. If anyone knows of one for sale, please drop me a line.

thank you
Kevin
Old 05-11-2013, 01:08 AM
96PCarrera993mg
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

eBay has these two listed:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Chil...item3a80520ba9

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Juni...item1c328ba45d
Old 05-11-2013, 01:49 AM
gonzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I'm fairly certain the second one listed (the junior seat) will NOT fit in the rear of the 993.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:11 PM
jaholmes
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gonzilla
I'm fairly certain the second one listed (the junior seat) will NOT fit in the rear of the 993.

Not much will fit in the rear - i've gone through this...
I think the ones in the links are for the front seat and seem pretty dated. I'm sure you can find something new that will work. Options open up a lot fmore when you just need a booster in the back seat.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:38 PM
manitoupilot
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy this:
Amazon.com: RECARO Probooster High Back Booster, Aspen: Baby Amazon.com: RECARO Probooster High Back Booster, Aspen: Baby

It fits my '95 C2 perfectly (the secret is the round base), is only $100 and the Recaro name gets lots of remarks at PCA events. It's a solid seat, not flimsy like a lot of full back boosters, and has good side impact protection.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:43 PM
KM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jaholmes
Not much will fit in the rear - i've gone through this...
I think the ones in the links are for the front seat and seem pretty dated. I'm sure you can find something new that will work. Options open up a lot fmore when you just need a booster in the back seat.
Yes, I am aware of what fits which is the reason for my original post. I already have one of these:

which fits perfectly. Now I have a second child who is old/big enough to use this type of seat and I need anther one. I've seen the one posted on ebay but with a BIN price equal to (or more than) the cost when new, I am trying to see if anyone else might have one they no longer need and would be willing to part with it at a more reaosnable price. If not, and the one on ebay is my only option, then so be it.

Kevin

Quick Reply: WTB Child Seat