Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 03:51 PM
pp000830
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,536 Likes on 1,085 Posts
Default Front spoiler question

Rennalisters,
Looks like Better Bodies makes a nice looking 3 part GT-2 spoiler out of fiberglass.
Looks to have a nice fit and finish and seems to be a direct replacement to the stock lower bumper parts. However, being fiberglass, I am concerned that one minor parking lot grounding in town will be an end of life experience for it.

There is also a Duraflex solution but my understanding is that it take a lot of fitting and potentially requires retaining and modification of the stock splitters rather than just replacing them with the new parts.

Anyone have experience with either of these products from a fit and real world. durability standpoint?

Andy
Old 05-10-2013, 04:40 PM
Floodj
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a GT3 Tek RS front splitter which is wearing very nicely.
--Joe
Old 05-10-2013, 05:45 PM
GT3 Tek
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our Better Bodies 993 RSCS/GT2 Spoiler is fiberglass and like any fiberglass piece, it does not like impacts with hard surfaces. Most customers also add an aluminum plate on the bottom to deal with driveways.

Our GT3 TEK 993 RS Splitters on Floodj's 993 on the other hand are 100% unbreakable polyurethane and can take smack after smack, drag after drag on driveways and not be hurt.

There are a lot of different "Duraflex" makers and we have seen that some are really nothing more than fiberglass which does not perform like polyurethane in impacts.

We had looked into making the RSCS/GT2 in poly but the molds proved too complex to make the part at a reasonable cost.

Team GT3 TEK

Quick Reply: Front spoiler question