Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marker and Driver Lights on with ignition

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2013 | 03:39 PM
Sutts74
Track Day

Default Marker and Driver Lights on with ignition

I have a 97 C4 US car and purchased it here in Canada. The DRL were already done previously. I understand the driving lights being on to comply with the law but having the marker lights on all the time is driving me nuts as i want to switch to clear markers. I have looked in the fuse panel but cannot see anything out of sort. If I pull the fuses for the driving lights (40,41 I think) they will go out, signals work but the prob is they wont turn on with the headlights. My question is where should I look to try and undue the marker lights being on but leave the driving lights on.

Old 04-08-2013 | 04:37 PM
Knight
Drifting

Typically only the fog lights are on as DRLs for Cdn cars. Maybe something was installed incorrectly?

The side markers should only go on when the headlights are activated.
Old 04-09-2013 | 01:01 AM
Sutts74
Track Day

Ok, so I guess I also need to deactivate the driving lights as well then worry about making the fogs DRLs. Anyone know what might have been done here to have my driving and marker lights come on with key in on position and car running so I can try and remove it.
Old 04-09-2013 | 12:19 PM
Sutts74
Track Day

Another question , with no key in ignition when i turn on my lights to postion 1 (driving lights) the car makes the start up noises (i think its the brake booster) like when the key is turned to the ON postion. Is this normal?
Old 04-17-2013 | 06:12 PM
Sutts74
Track Day

So I pulled the 2 fuses to kill the marker lights for good but then realized it also controls the rear markers as well which is obviously no good. So I'm back to square one again. Anyone out there with any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Marker and Driver Lights on with ignition