fs: i got 9 sets

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:32 PM
nine9six
Banned

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DB_NC_95C2
<ranting soapbox>
if I see ONE more sexist avatar of a partially clothed babe posing in a car or in front of a mirror or in some manner not even related to a car I'm going to scream.

I have a healthy libido, love a nice female form as much or more than the next guy, but WHY is it so necessary to perpetuate sexist stereotypes that woman are good for only one thing and guys are all just horny little boys that have grown up to afford some nice toys ?

That's one of the reasons I'm so critical of Danica, had she not posed showing butt crack or for SI swimsuit editions I'd have MUCH more respect for her, but since she feels it necessary to act like a skank, I must consider her one.

You listening Raptor ?
</ranting soapbox>
With all that's going on in this country, this is what keeps you up at night? Get a life; and more importantly, some perspective...
Old 03-22-2013, 02:48 PM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
Women, of course, are good for many many things. But who wants to look at a photo of a woman shopping for clothes at Neiman-Marcus?
goofball deluxe,

Nor, an ugly woman in front of a porsche..

2cents
Lemon
Old 03-22-2013, 02:59 PM
CalvinC4S
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the light in this one.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:01 PM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

i cant wait till lopro get a wif of this thread!

lemon
Old 03-22-2013, 03:22 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

f*ck yourself a$$hole
I bet if you took a poll of this thread, you'd be the one who everyone thinks is an a$$hole, Nancy.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:23 PM
crg53
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SchnellAuto
me at the other job..
I just love how close that electrical plug is to the water in which you are all standing, you wouldn't by any chance be shooting for the "Safety Board".

Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 PM
CHRIS WU
Racer

Damn...people......
Old 03-22-2013, 03:44 PM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

crg53 ,

photo assistant was holding the light...hahahhah.. his fault..
Old 03-22-2013, 04:04 PM
callipygian 911
Racer

I see a lot of Porsches as I make my daily commute between downtown San Diego and Del Mar, and I've always been surprised by how many of them are driven by women (including a fair portion of 911s).

My less civilized impulses are to follow these women to wherever they might be headed, introduce myself, and to drag them back to my cave to make them my own. I don't act on these impulses, but I am attempting to illustrate that I definitely notice a lot of women driving Porsches. It gets my attention when I see it.

Considering that female Porsche drivers do actually exist, and in surprising numbers in my city, it is not so difficult to conceive that they may feel alienated or objectified when they stumble onto Rennlist and encounter stuff like this.

Sexualized imagery women in the media is a complex problem. Many women strive to be perceived as both sexually attractive and also fully realized individuals, although these notions may often at odds. I personally enjoy looking at images of scantily clad women, and I have a nice collection of these at home, but spreading these images sets a tone here that would make a lot of women feel uncomfortable.

Perhaps curating a welcoming environment to all Porsche enthusiasts, male and female, straight and gay, etc, might be more important than the titilation of a gentleman's club atmosphere. Perhaps not. It really depends on if you want to chat with women or men or both ... personally, I enjoy nothing more than chatting up a lady who is also a gearhead. That $hit is hot.

Although I enjoy these images, personally, I'm a little uncomfortable with the way they shape the culture of Rennlist. But then again, I consider myself a feminist.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 PM
SeanR
Rennlist Member

Received 500 Likes on 267 Posts

Hmm, maybe we need a "Hunk of the Day" forum for some of our members so they won't have such pent up hostility when they see a sexy woman in the presence of a car.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:20 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts

Nice Bilsteens...I really would like a set....the Pss9's I just had installed are not as nice as the Pss10's I had on my last car.

In keeping with the lighthearted theme of the thread:
Attached Images  
Old 03-22-2013, 05:40 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 151 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by callipygian 911
it is not so difficult to conceive that they may feel alienated or objectified when they stumble onto Rennlist and encounter stuff like this.
Probably no more than most men, especially those of means who drive a Porsche for example, feel when all we hear in this society is how men and women are equal; that is, until the check at the restaurant comes. When was the last time a woman took a man on a shopping spree? So much for equals. Do I feel objectified or alienated when most modern women look at successful men as a walking ATM? Nope, it's just the price of doing business and the way things are.

My point is, men are men. Denying who we are, or trying to assimilate/bend the gender roles so that we're all exactly the same/equal is sort of a pointless endeavor. Men are always going to objectify beautiful women; we are programmed to do so.

Fair or not, automobile technical forums are predominately a man's arena. Therefore, some of the more base objectification may take place from time to time. If someone gets offended occasionally, I'd say that person has the issue. They need to deal with it, not project their issues/problems and expect other's to change their behavior to make up for their issues
Old 03-22-2013, 06:00 PM
KaiB
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is cute.

Probably a very good thing the comment/complaint above wasn't posted in the racing forum.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:44 PM
SchnellAuto
Former Vendor

i got 8 sets..left
Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 PM
TMc993
Rennlist Member

Received 551 Likes on 347 Posts

...partially clothed babe...
I'm thinking usage of the term babe is stereotypical in and of itself.

Quick Reply: fs: i got 9 sets