Sponsored by:

Where to find orange hose for flapper box

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2013, 05:48 PM
roverdude
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to find orange hose for flapper box

So I purchased a 1995 C2 993 in January and finally got around to pulling the engine tray to baseline the oil leaks and the bottom of the engine. I noticed some oil leaking from the valve cover gaskets, but nothing major.

One thing I did discover was the orange hose connecting to the flapper boxes was torn on the passenger side (see pic).

I was able to resecure it to minimize any leakage. Looking up the part # and plugging it into a few search engines reveals the hose (enough for all the flapper boxes I suppose) runs $290+!

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on a more affordable replacement hose?
Attached Images   
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 PM
axl911
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a section of this hose. How much does a small piece of this goes for nowaday?
Old 02-22-2013, 06:05 PM
JDP993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you get a lot more hose than for one car. I went to the dealer years ago to get replacements and I recall he said it was more like 10 or 20 ft. I ultimately bought a 1 foot length of Silicon high temp hose from Mcmaster for something like $12.00. For the sake of originality I would like to find the orange hose as well.

It might be worth checking again to see how much hose actually comes when you order the part number from porsche. Might be worth seeing if enough people would want to buy some to have spares for their cars.

Quick Reply: Where to find orange hose for flapper box