Notices
993 Forum 1995-1998
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need a good title for a thread about ILKO - anybody here have advertising experience?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 10:30 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up need a good title for a thread about ILKO - anybody here have advertising experience?

We all know RLer Ilko. He has the world's coolest avatar, and recently scored what was arguably 1 of the best deals on eBay.
He's famous, especially for someone who's only 22

So, I was surprised to recently get a short, cryptic message entitled "I owe you" from our RL celebrity, asking for my mailing address.
Of course, I write back that he has me confused with someone else & ask, "What the heck?"

Instead, I soon receive a mint condition Porsche book from him, by a favorite auto author ... with a photo feature of at least one RLer's 993!
Apparently, Ilko's too busy working with a new client, so he answers my question with another mysterious message, simply saying: check the Feb PCA Panorama magazine for a hint at what good thing I [allegedly] influenced for him. [Seriously, I don't yet know the story behind how/if I somehow did anything that supposedly helped him ]

I write back that I may be the only person who hasn't received Jan's issue yet -- ironic since I started a thread about the new era of Pano -- so I may not get the Feb issue, either.
Ilko responds that he's already mailed me the Jan & Feb issues; apparently he's suddenly 1 of the 1st in the nation that receives advance copies of Panos.
Yesterday, I got them in the mail Below is your sneak peak at the Feb issue ... as I write, Feb's is so new that PCA still has the Jan issue pictured on their website.

When you get your Feb Pano, check page 4 ... there's a new name there that wasn't in the Jan issue.
Of course, it could just be coincidence: such a common name

Now, I better go: I have a lot of fun reading to catch up on - thank you, Ilko!!!
...and if your new client ever lets you have enough time, please let me know how I supposedly helped.
Otherwise, still sounds like mistaken identity to me
Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

The 1st surprise arrives...

RL's very own RUFUS - beautiful!

RUF cabriolet

Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Then: The 2nd mailer arrives!

Advance copy of Feb Pano, plus Jan issue, too

Feb's not even on PCA's website yet

Old 02-07-2013, 10:39 AM
curve lover
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Smile CONGRATULATIONS on the new client, Ilko!

Check page 4:

Old 02-07-2013, 02:17 PM
JLUinAZ
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is a really small bench!

j/k.. Great story!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 PM
aarrow
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new Panos are HUGE!! Lol. Some guys have all the luck!

Congrats to both of you!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:15 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Wow ... that's awesome!! Congrats Ilko :-)
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Academictech
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Congrats!

Great client!

The last two issues were excellent.

I usually race to the For Sale section at the back and was surprised to see a Red 993 C2S for sale at a too good to be true price.

Called right away and as it turned out I was about the 200th caller that day Seems Pano messed up and put the ad in from the PCA website despite the car having been sold the first day the guy listed it on the website. Poor guy is considering changing his phone number.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:53 PM
ilko
Agent Orange
Rennlist Member

Received 562 Likes on 200 Posts

Thanks guys and Jager - you're too much!! I love your sense of humor! I've known Pete for several years and chatted with him off and on about Porsches, and the print business in general. But I did not know he was moving to PCA. I learned that from your thread and contacted him immediately. That's why I wanted to send you a little something as a sign of my gratitude.

And yes, the new Pano looks huge. We're taking over the world, haha!! In all seriousness, I hope PCA members like the direction we're taking with the magazine, considering that for a lot of people, it's the only periodical they receive in the mail. If you liked Jan, I think you'll like Feb even better. There are some really really cool things in the pipeline, stay tuned...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:57 PM
FrenchToast
Three Wheelin'

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts

That is a small bench. Lol. I should've known!

Umm - that's not what page four looks like. Edit, whoops, I'm looking at the January issue. Nvm.

Judging from just one issue, I think the new direction is great, Ilko. Not that the previous way was bad. It's a good change and I really enjoyed the January issue. Great diversity of really nice articles (Last 930, TransAm, Africa trip, etc.), and the ubiquituous regular sections were a good read too. Looking forward to this month's!

Take care!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:34 PM
Paul902
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool gig, Ilko! I have been down with the flu earlier this week and took advantage of the time to catch up on Pano's. I still have not quite got to January yet though. Something to look forward to for the weekend.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:00 PM
JPP
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ilko
And yes, the new Pano looks huge. We're taking over the world, haha!! There are some really really cool things in the pipeline, stay tuned...
It appears RL is taking over as well ... I'm stoked about all of it and looking forward to re-kindling my Panorama relationship beyond just the online classifieds!
Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Classy act and very thoughtful, Ilko. Thanks for sharing, Jager.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:50 PM
ABCar
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jager...cool thread and picts too, of course!
Ilko...your position gives credibility to RL and your status on RL gives credibility to Pano. Win Win.
Congrats. And yes, I can see, and imagine the great direction that Pano is taking. No offense to anyone, but it is about time to bring that rag up to date with real enthusiasts.

Giving spirit here...
Old 02-08-2013, 09:16 PM
RJT
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 357 Likes on 158 Posts

Jager... I SWEAR, reading your posts sometimes gives me a HEADACHE (lol). Just spit it out man!!!

PS: You are not the last person in the universe who gets their Pano. That would be me.... in r can saw. Yup, r can saw, the very last state to get anything new in the country, except for maybe beer.

Congrats on the new job ilko. Are you excited? What a stupid question!! Of COURSE you are excited!

Quick Reply: need a good title for a thread about ILKO - anybody here have advertising experience?